Class of '22 Verbal Commits

I thought I saw on the back of his trading card that he was listed as LB. At 6'3" 205 he appeared to be small for a LB, but I thought what the hell, Joe knows what he is doing. Your insight Big Jim tells me once again I am wrong. We can use another WR so no harm.

4 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

I thought I saw on the back of his trading card that he was listed as LB. At 6'3" 205 he appeared to be small for a LB, but I thought what the hell, Joe knows what he is doing. Your insight Big Jim tells me once again I am wrong. We can use another WR so no harm.

The first page of this topic has the list of commits, and he shows as a wide receiver.  I looked on the back of his trading card and it reads: Weight 205 LB.  I believe it refers to pounds.  I apologize if my prior post was harsh.  Go Zips!!!

6 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

😂 I see how that could be easily mistaken for a 205 lb. LB. 

But, yes, he is a WR. His weight is 205 LB  lbs.

7 hours ago, bigjim said:

The first page of this topic has the list of commits, and he shows as a wide receiver.  I looked on the back of his trading card and it reads: Weight 205 LB.  I believe it refers to pounds.  I apologize if my prior post was harsh.  Go Zips!!!

No offense was taken as your post was not harsh. You corrected me and that's always good. You would think that next to the 205 i would be smart enough to understand LB is pounds not position, but i have never been mistaken for Einstein. Now Larry, Curly and Moe is another issue.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Griffin is a unique add to the 2022 class at this point. No reported offers outside of JUCO, but his hudl looks solid. Maybe grades were the issue? At first glance, I'd think he'd be on scholly based on film/Joe Mo tweeting out the commitment. 

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11301668/Jaharon-Griffin

Per 247, no stars and no other offers.  I agree that his HUDL looks solid but that video focuses on his good plays, and it does not include the bad ones.  We do need another LB in the class of 22.  However, this commit looks questionable.  We are this late in the signing process and he has no other offers is a red flag to me.  I hope there are reasons that he is still available and turns out to be a good signing.  

19 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Man, does Griffin look tough!  I'm betting grades were his issue, as someone subtweeted this question to him after he tweeted about his offer from Akron:

Grades were the first thing I thought of, but he must’ve gotten them in order by the end. My concern is if he has enough speed to cover players at this level. He clearly understands angles, comes down hill quickly, and is an explosive tackler. He also looks like he has the physical build to compete for early playing time. He’s similar to McCoy in how they play, but McCoy looks to have more speed on film. 

We wanted more LB help and now we have it. Two extremely physical freshmen LBs. We now have a pretty good idea the type of inside linebackers this staff is targeting. 

Im guessing we’ll see a few more scholarship players transfer out by the end of the month. I don’t think we are finished bringing in more players for this class.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

The initial post has been updated to include the additions of DB Woods & QB Undercuffler.  Go Zips!!

A few of the 2022 class must either be walk-ons or we are blueshirting guys. Blueshirting would make a lot of sense since those scholarships would count towards the 2023 class and the 25 scholarship limit no longer applies for 2023.

Edited by catdaddyp

1 hour ago, bigjim said:

Highlights provided little excitement.  Limited speed in his routes and minimal YAC.  Does not live up to the skill sets of the other recruits.  I hope he turns out to be ultra successful.  Go Zips!!!

He has something the other incoming receivers don't - a 6'4" frame. Always good to have a variety of weapons.