Class of '22 Verbal Commits

1 hour ago, AkronAlumnus said:

What even is his name - Antavious? What could his parents have possibly been.... Oh wait. 

Antavious - Urban Dictionary

https://www.urbandictionary.com › define › term=Anta...

A true leader,always willing to give a hand even to those who wouldn't do the same. Always happy and on the go. Naturally gifted, and a hopeless romantic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AkronAlumnus said:

What even is his name - Antavious? What could his parents have possibly been.... Oh wait. 

You thought through this and still decided this would be a good thing to post about a potential student athlete.  Congrats on being a foul human.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

Another solid pickup. He’s physical, a thumper, and falls right in with our other LBs in this class.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8251856/616c79c02aa6e603b8a541c4

He does like to hit. Knocks runners off their feet. Nice size at 220 lbs. and he's stacked:

And he can really move! Look at this:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

How in the world did we get this guy?

Looks like all of his offers were in 2020. Something changed between now and then. Maybe he got in trouble? Maybe bad grades? Maybe really bad junior and senior years? His last offer was October of 2020, looks like Akron was his only option. Must have a lot of talent but there is obviously some baggage... 

37 minutes ago, LZIp said:

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Kyle-Thomas-102431/RecruitInterests/ + Liberty and Kent St for his initial offers in HS. Looks like only other FBS offer this time around is LA Tech. Apparently a July grad so I'm sure that limited his interest.

I love the way this staff is attacking the defense. So much versatility on the defensive line. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

I love the way this staff is attacking the defense. So much versatility on the defensive line. 

I'm expecting vast improvement by this defense. Not only due to the influx of higher level talent, but a much higher level of coaching. Our last defensive staff seemed pretty inept most of the time.

Edited by blueandgold
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Kyle-Thomas-102431/RecruitInterests/ + Liberty and Kent St for his initial offers in HS. Looks like only other FBS offer this time around is LA Tech. Apparently a July grad so I'm sure that limited his interest.

Your post has sparked the interest of ZipsNation for a FCS caliber DT. It's VERY similar to the discussion that was going on last month in the Potential Portal Additions thread. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2023/rico-jackson-242130

We offered this kid and now he’s blowing up. Jackson committed to Illinois last week, but is at South Carolina’s camp this weekend and holding his own against some of the best in the southeast. I’m pointing this out to say our staff continues to identify high end talent and offer early. Exciting times!

*This should probably be in the 2023 thread*

Edited by catdaddyp

Thomas makes 40 recruits for this year.  I know there are some walk-ons, but how is it possible to sign this many players.   I cannot believe there are that many grey shirt recruits.  Please, no speculation but facts on how it is possible to sign this many players.

In Joe We Trust!!!!

23 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Thomas makes 40 recruits for this year.  I know there are some walk-ons, but how is it possible to sign this many players.   I cannot believe there are that many grey shirt recruits.  Please, no speculation but facts on how it is possible to sign this many players.

In Joe We Trust!!!!

Not sure you’ll find many facts at this point, but I suspect any school can use as many Greyshirts or Blueshirts as they wish. There isn’t a scholarship limit per class for the next two years, but all schools do have to get down to the 85 scholarship roster limit - if they are over. It certainly seems we are over, so I don’t know how the numbers are being handled.

Edited by catdaddyp

10 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

Not sure you’ll find many facts at this point, but I suspect any school can use as many Greyshirts or Blueshirts as they wish. There isn’t a scholarship limit per class for the next two years, but all schools do have to get down to the 85 scholarship roster limit - if they are over. It certainly seems we are over, so I don’t know how the numbers are being handled.

Thanks for the speculation. 

Go Zips!!!