Jump to content

Class of '22 Verbal Commits


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

 

20 year old kids mitigating risk in order to best preserve millions of dollars in life changing money is not a disturbing trend. What are 994 (really 998) out of the 1000 bowl games about in the first place? Money. 

 

Good for Charlie Batch for supporting his alumni. I have zero problems with this. It's been going on for YEARS at the P5 level. Maybe not $1 million directly/so openly, but these kids received all sorts of lifestyle benefits that would equal out to huge sums of money. 

 

A less selfish person could protect their future financial position by obtaining an insurance policy instead of bailing out on their teammates.

Edited by Zipmeister
.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

 

A less selfish person could protect their future financial position by obtaining an insurance policy instead of bailing out on their teammates.

 

Or is it selfish to want a player to risk a career-altering injury for the betterment of the team in a meaningless game,  designed in the first place to make money for corporations/media/Universities/NCAA figureheads?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2022 at 8:51 PM, 94zipgrad said:

He is really targeting OL

 

6'1" 330 lb Offensive Lineman.  Graduated HS in 2019, Redshirted as a freshman in 19, played mostly on special teams the last 2 years, with the Covid year, he still should have 3 more seasons.  Have to trust the coaches that he is an upgrade.

In Joe We Trust!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bigjim said:

6'1" 330 lb Offensive Lineman.  Graduated HS in 2019, Redshirted as a freshman in 19, played mostly on special teams the last 2 years, with the Covid year, he still should have 3 more seasons.  Have to trust the coaches that he is an upgrade.

In Joe We Trust!!!!

Maybe a new center 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bigjim said:

6'1" 330 lb Offensive Lineman.  Graduated HS in 2019, Redshirted as a freshman in 19, played mostly on special teams the last 2 years, with the Covid year, he still should have 3 more seasons.  Have to trust the coaches that he is an upgrade.

In Joe We Trust!!!!

 

Update: He's off to Southern Miss it appears

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2022 at 12:00 PM, Blue & Gold said:

When/where did you see him play?

If he was the starting QB for Reynoldsburg High School I saw him play at Upper Arlington to open this past high school season. He nearly willed the team to victory over what ended up being one of the best teams in the state

Edited by GJGood
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

 

A less selfish person could protect their future financial position by obtaining an insurance policy instead of bailing out on their teammates.


Do you have any idea how much NFL drafting insurance policies are? I'm not gonna lie dude...you seem really out of touch.

Here's the NCAA's numbers on it. The best insurance policies will do is "up to $10-million". I doubt it's even easy to 'prove' your losses too, most end up getting denied according to the NCAA, and they cost around $30,000 a year for football players.

How many college fringe NFL players (rounds 5-7) got $30,000 laying around? And if you're already being considered for Rounds 1-4 there's probably nothing in a Bowl game that's going to shift your value, other than getting injured.

Why spend $30,000 to roll the dice on getting an insurance claim denied, instead of rolling the dice on being drafted without the risk in a meaningless game that exists only for old Alumni to drink beer on a weeknight?  

Like c'mon man...

Edited by TheZipCat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

This could be bad. If it goes unchecked we might have a school playing in their 8th national championship in 11 years or something crazy like that

That is my concern.  If it not checked, it becomes a bidding war and any school outside of the SEC/Big10 is doomed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, a-zip said:

That is my concern.  If it not checked, it becomes a bidding war and any school outside of the SEC/Big10 is doomed.

Exactly! If we lose all this parity we currently have it would be a shame.

 

Are you gonna tune in for Bama/UGA tonight?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TheZipCat said:


Do you have any idea how much NFL drafting insurance policies are? I'm not gonna lie dude...you seem really out of touch.

Here's the NCAA's numbers on it. The best insurance policies will do is "up to $10-million". I doubt it's even easy to 'prove' your losses too, most end up getting denied according to the NCAA, and they cost around $30,000 a year for football players.

How many college fringe NFL players (rounds 5-7) got $30,000 laying around? And if you're already being considered for Rounds 1-4 there's probably nothing in a Bowl game that's going to shift your value, other than getting injured.

Why spend $30,000 to roll the dice on getting an insurance claim denied, instead of rolling the dice on being drafted without the risk in a meaningless game that exists only for old Alumni to drink beer on a weeknight?  

Like c'mon man...

 

Dude; I'm cool. You have taught me that there is an i in team.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

 

Dude; I'm cool. You have taught me that there is an i in team.


Ah yes, but there is an i in Capitalism, Investment and Business. These are adults. This is a business. I'm not sure if you haven't heard but the NCAA, ESPN, and all these media outlets make billions. 

I can't believe I'm the one defending capitalism...but there it is.

Edited by TheZipCat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please get out of your mom's basement and learn to talk Zip sports. That's what we are all here to do. You have become so boring. 😴

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After so many great acquisitions via transfer portal and high school recruiting, we have gone like 3 days with no activity.  I continue to be eagerly awaiting more additions to the team.  Let's go coaches, close more deals.

In Joe We Trust!!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

Please get out of your mom's basement and learn to talk Zip sports. That's what we are all here to do. You have become so boring. 😴


I mean...people sitting out bowl games is technically not relevant to the Zips right? So c'mon...you can deal better with opinions you don't agree with than that take. 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

 

 

Wow this is a  big get!! Probably will be or one of the highest ranked players coming out of highschool to suit up for Akron. I know, I know it's a transfer and I know, I know stars don't always equal success. Nonetheless this is huge! Joe is really turning this roster up a talent level.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...