MAC Tournament- Game 1- BGSU

Just now, 1981 grad said:

Great to see Marshall playing well.  He got some playing time the last few games and really played with some hustle.

Especially on a night where we really needed him with no Dailey and no Wynn. Just a daily win. 😁

• Haha 1

It feels oh-so-right to finally be back in the MAC semi-finals. This tournament used to be the Akron invitational. Time to get back to that, but Buffalo is really going to be hell tomorrow. 

I think it was just awesome that Jermaine Marshall came off of the bench tonight almost out of nowhere and became random hero. I love it. I absolutely love it. It's March baybee! He had great energy. Keep it going.

Lastly, is it even March without Steve French? I miss making the hour plus trek to Q arena, the gameday chaos and festivities, the nerves, the pregame, screaming/cheering until my voice is hoarse, all of it, and then making the long drive home listening to the French and Dunn postgame, typically after a thrilling victory. End of an era I suppose. Between cliché Reghi and his awful color commentator and the bad zips radio play by play guy, we just sat and watched the game at home without sound lol. I miss the pre-corona world 😫

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ZippyforPresident said:

It feels oh-so-right to finally be back in the MAC semi-finals. This tournament used to be the Akron invitational. Time to get back to that, but Buffalo is really going to be hell tomorrow. 

I think it was just awesome that Jermaine Marshall came off of the bench tonight almost out of nowhere and became random hero. I love it. I absolutely love it. It's March baybee! He had great energy. Keep it going.

Lastly, is it even March without Steve French? I miss making the hour plus trek to Q arena, the gameday chaos and festivities, the nerves, the pregame, screaming/cheering until my voice is hoarse, all of it, and then making the long drive home listening to the French and Dunn postgame, typically after a thrilling victory. End of an era I suppose. Between cliché Reghi and his awful color commentator and the bad zips radio play by play guy, we just sat and watched the game at home without sound lol. I miss the pre-corona world 😫

I miss the March ritual.  I marked those days on my calendar.  Sadly, most of those trips home were miserable.   

What a breath of fresh air the DEFENSE and ENERGY was!!!!!! Lord that win felt great! And I've been waiting for Marshall to throw down like that all year, he was superb on defense, the boards, and those 3s were a result of the collective energy and belief of the team. Still far too reliant on one guy, and not having Wynn hurt, but this performance says a lot about this coaching staff. Two weeks ago BG embarrassed us at the JAR, and revenge (albeit closer than it should've been) was served.

As far as what we need to see tomorrow: Tribble's game is fine and works if he makes his MF foul shots. He's so good at attacking to draw contact, but can't finish or consistently hit FTs. Like Big Dog used to, he could make a big difference in a game at the foul line. Secondly, I'd like to see Clarke play a bit more aggressively, but that will come with time. Thirdly, Trimble saw the ball go through the net, 3/5 too!! He and the other 3 guys not handling the ball MUST work harder to get him looks. I'd like to see (quality looks of course) at least three more attempts for him in a game like this, we need perimeter shooters to step up NOW.

On to the semis baby!!!!! GO ZIPS!!!!!

• Like 1