MAC Tournament- Game 1- BGSU

9 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

We should be loaded for bear in this MAC tournament then, because this season rated several notches above mediocre.

And not to dispel the myth but the OU 2010 team was mediocre on paper and just came out of nowhere.  2012 was a 3rd seed.  The accomplishment was getting those NCAA tourney wins...and the 2012 draw was...well...not at all like the gauntlet Buffalo had to run when it reached the Dance.  But if any coach can motivate them he can.

9 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

We should be loaded for bear in this MAC tournament then, because this season rated several notches above mediocre.

I think the general lack of enthusiasm about this team is caused in part by how damn spoiled we were by last year's squad.  That team, from performance to team camaraderie, was special and I think we expected teams that followed it to have that same magic, which is an unreasonable expectation.  It was a fine season under any objective analysis.

I think our altered perception from last year's team, the late season slump and the inability to watch them in person have combined to temper our collective enthusiasm. 

• Like 4

I do like to give credit to others posters when they come up with something funny. The Ziggy Zoombas were lamenting the absence of any tournament success (have never won it since the tournament was implemented in 1980 and haven't been to the NCAA tournament since 1968). Anyway they listed the number of times each of the other MAC schools have won the tournament and then stated even frickin' COVID-19 has claimed more tournaments than BG. 🤣 Here is to that streak continuing tomorrow. 🥂

1 hour ago, MDZip said:

I do like to give credit to others posters when they come up with something funny. The Ziggy Zoombas were lamenting the absence of any tournament success (have never won it since the tournament was implemented in 1980 and haven't been to the NCAA tournament since 1968). Anyway they listed the number of times each of the other MAC schools have won the tournament and then stated even frickin' COVID-19 has claimed more tournaments than BG. 🤣 Here is to that streak continuing tomorrow. 🥂

That's some serious negative energy coming from their board.  Tomorrow we  pit Groce's success v BG's failure.

18 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

GAMEDAY!!!!! Woke up feeling dangerous!! I'm really looking forward to this game. I wonder if anyone's out for Akron?? Anywell, I'm ready to see the Groce magic we're all ready to see in Cleveland!!

I got free tickets for Saturday so hoping we can pull out a couple wins to get there!

4 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Tribble over Dailey is interesting. Not because Dailey should be starting, but because I see Tribble as mostly a disappointment this year too. Must be his defense.

And he has had a strong start on defense but he's adding some offense as well.