2021-2022 Akron Zips Basketball- Looking Forward

8 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

Despite following Zips bball closely, I know very little about KJ.  He didn't stand out to me in the matchup with the Cards.  He will be an aberration here.  6'3" Guard with 7 3PT attempts in his last 30 games?  Must be a slasher/mid range guy?

Exactly what we need imo

• Like 3

KJ Walton is one heck of a get. 54% FG because he gets to the hoop. Massive change of pace guy for this offense. 

27 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

The men's soccer team raised over 20K.

The men's basketball program is way more efficient. 

Men's Basketball: $4000 raised for 0 National Championships. 

Men's Soccer: $20k+ raised for 1 National Championship. 

Final Fours are even more daunting in efficiency...

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad we got K.J.  A player that does not shoot the 3 ball.  I like him already.  However, it just not feel right to be poaching a player from another MAC team.  How would we feel if our LCJ decided to transfer to Kent for his senior season last year?    We are going to see a lot of transfers in the future so no complaints when it is our turn to lose a quality player.

33 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

I am glad we got K.J.  A player that does not shoot the 3 ball.  I like him already.  However, it just not feel right to be poaching a player from another MAC team.  How would we feel if our LCJ decided to transfer to Kent for his senior season last year?    We are going to see a lot of transfers in the future so no complaints when it is our turn to lose a quality player.

Just don't think it's a good look for the league, even as pragmatically, I understand it: Kid wants to transfer but still stay close to home. The MAC is fertile ground for that.

Top NIU player jumps to Ball State due to a coaching change ... understandable; Front line Ball State player, a grad transfer, goes to Akron ... would hope there is honor among thieves so to speak and this was above board (all parties on both sides aware from start to finish) so while it doesn't look good, it goes down smooth ...

Latest has backup KSU center (in line to start) going to Bowling Green where incumbent C remains and recent post transfer has arrived??? No coaching change on either side, no grad transfer, but AAU/HS coach at BG is now the conduit. Even if it is Kent, still doesn't sit/smell right.

And remember this is the first few weeks after this rule was announced. What happens going forward after a year or two. Far Flung power conferences can do this with little bad feelings, but in a league tightly bunched like the MAC - most teams 200-miles or less from each other - I think this has the potential for some very bad outcomes both on the court and off ...

• Like 1