SIU-E- St. Patricks Day

In the 2nd United Soccer Coaches Poll (March 9), the zips were #15 and the then 4-0-0 SIU-E Cougars were ranked 25

in the 3rd Soccer Coaches Poll (March 16), the zips dropped to 23...and SIU-E did not receive any votes

https://unitedsoccercoaches.org/rankings/college-rankings/ncaa-di-men/

game time on their news release shows as 1 pm

they are near St. Louis...so that is central time...

game will start at 2 eastern

game will be available on ESPN+

https://www.siuecougars.com/sports/m-soccer/2020-21/files/msoc21_G6_Akron.pdf

• Thanks 1

Good win in some really ugly weather conditions. Almost made up the three goal deficit at NIU. Watched almost the whole game and missed both the goals. Started a little late and then my ESPN+ feed froze right at the second one. Maybe I should watch a little more distracted all of the time.

Edited by MDZip
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fknbuflobo said:

Good win in bad weather on the road.

Colin Biros is my man of the match....

I think that SIU-E led 12-9 in shots...and SIU-E led 8-5 in corner kicks

but young Mr. Biros put 2 corner kicks inside the box...and Marco and Daniel took care of business

I was really impressed also with Jason Shokalook.  He played the full 90 minutes and he had 2 very nice passes to teammates inside the box.

Always good to get a win in bad conditions.  Federico Serra, Diogo Pacheco and Pol Hernandez did not play at all today.

Credit to all of the zips...that played the full 90 today...Jason S, Dyson Clapier, Colin Biros, Marco Milanese, Johnny Fitzgerald and Carlo Ritaccio

and Congratulations to Josh Hangi on his start, his first win...and his first shutout....

Mr. Hangi has a really strong leg on goal kicks 😀

• Like 1

the SIU-E coach has many classy quotes in the article....

many more quotes....than the few I copied

click on the article...it has final stats as well

https://www.siuecougars.com/sports/m-soccer/2020-21/releases/20210317p6w59y

"I respect Akron they fought hard and they are a good team," Wassermann said. "

Wassermann said the tough, physical match proves how tough the MAC is as a league.

"This is one of the toughest leagues in the country day in and day out," he said. "There are no easy games. We showed up today. I thought we did enough to win the game. Sometimes it doesn't go your way."

• Thanks 2

Great win on the road yesterday for our Zips. Most impressive given the travel home from NIU, presumably Sunday night, a day at home and then travel to Edwardsville on Tuesday with the match at 1 pm local Wednesday afternoon...iron man soccer. Kudos to the players, coaches, and training staff for that quick turnaround and positive result. Seems like the players took ownership of the previous result, and showed it yesterday. Keep it going Zips!!! 👊

• Like 4