the cursed season continues - March 31 game

despite not playing , Akron is staying in the rankings

dropped from 19 to 21 in coaches poll

Akron tied Kentucky in Akron's first game.  Kentucky dropped out of the rankings after losing to 1-9-1 Alabama Birmingham

Marshall (Akron's best quality win) dropped from 8 to 13...as Marshall lost last week to West Virginia

sure hope that the zips can play this Sunday against Northern Illinois

https://unitedsoccercoaches.org/rankings/college-rankings/ncaa-di-men/

• Like 2

On 3/31/2021 at 4:12 PM, Akron Rick said:

It figures. I got ESPN+ because they were going to televise 4 or5 straight games. Looks like a bad investment. BTW, 1st time poster here class of '71.

Welcome, and as Blue & Gold said, please stick around! 3 of the last 4 games are scheduled on ESPN+. Also, when MLS and USL start playing, you can see some of Zips Men's Soccer's professional alumni. When MLS Direct Kick went away, MLS games moved to ESPN+ which made the ESPN+ subscription so much more worth the money. 

Edited by Zip_ME87

15 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

15 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Welcome, and as Blue & Gold said, please stick around! 3 of the last 4 games are scheduled on ESPN+. Also, when MLS and USL start playing, you can see some of Zips Men's Soccer's professional alumni. When MLS Direct Kick went away, MLS games moved to ESPN+ which made the ESPN+ subscription so much more worth the money. 

Thanks. Never played, but my son did from youth all the way through freshman year at Walsh Univ. Now I spend my summers in Seattle so became a fan of the rave green. Looking forward to having fans back at Lumen Field (formerly Safeco) in June.  But will definitely follow the Zips on E+ once they get past this Covid thing.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 4:12 PM, Akron Rick said:

It figures. I got ESPN+ because they were going to televise 4 or5 straight games. Looks like a bad investment. BTW, 1st time poster here class of '71.

Welcome!