Zips transfers

On 5/28/2021 at 11:58 AM, zippyfan34 said:

zippyfan34...that is a good find

on this year's roster, Daniel Strachan shows as a senior...and Diogo Pacheco shows as a redshirt senior

I have attached below the 2018 roster...where Daniel shows as a sophomore...and Diogo showed as a redshirt sophomore

in fall 2017, Daniel showed as a freshman..so Daniel played fall 17, fall 18, fall 19 and spring 2021.

due to covid cancelling the fall 2020 campaign, will Daniel and Diogo be able to come back for another year in fall 2021?

Pol and Marco played 3 years for Akron...will they get to play for 1 or 2 years at new school?   I have not kept up with the changes.....resulting from Covid.

https://gozips.com/sports/mens-soccer/roster/2018

Thanks for the good news TennZip. I hope the talent coming in can contribute right away. I don't get why Pol transferred out to Xavier. That doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps you can help me understand why he left for a lesser program. Couldn't he do better? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

Thanks for the good news TennZip. I hope the talent coming in can contribute right away. I don't get why Pol transferred out to Xavier. That doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps you can help me understand why he left for a lesser program. Couldn't he do better? 

Is Xavier still a lesser program?

3 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

No one's mentioned Colin Biros gone to 'Cuse.  THAT is a big loss for our side and pick-up for the ACC.  Will miss the Jackson grad.

No one has mentioned this because it hurts too bad.

4 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

No one's mentioned Colin Biros gone to 'Cuse.  THAT is a big loss for our side and pick-up for the ACC.  Will miss the Jackson grad.

No one mentioned this transfer previously because the TDS Transfer Tracker was very recently updated to include that information. I've been watching but it hadn't been posted previously. Appears TDS just updated within the last day or so.

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/2021-ncaa-mens-transfer-tracker_aid48768

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2021 at 6:29 PM, Blue & Gold said:

I can't believe GoZips.com doesn't have our 2021 roster posted yet.  

Or can I?

my guess is that we will see a news release about our new players on August 10th (the first day that Jared, Ger and Michael can coach the players)

Credit to the new athletic director for letting the fans know when the women's coach and men's coaches can work with the players

• Thanks 1

Unrelated to transfers or the 2021 roster....I also liked this tweet from the new AD

He has learned quickly about the great Akron soccer tradition

nice to see an athletic director excited about the school's sports (yes, Larry the Lawyer....I am taking a shot at you !!!)

• Like 2