I can see this coming into play where a major corporation in say, Columbus would make it known they will sponsor the Buckeyes starting QB for say half a million a year. 

Will a successful alum like Matt Kaulig put something together like that for a key Zips starter in a sport?

Not on the same level of course, (except maybe soccer). Basketball and football would be on a much lower level. But then we don’t recruit the same players in those sports as the top 30 or 40 programs anyway.

Would, say, Pepsi sponsor the Zips Striker or goalie? 

This is a game changer…

Edited by Spin

8 hours ago, Spin said:

I can see this coming into play where a major corporation in say, Columbus would make it known they will sponsor the Buckeyes starting QB for say half a million a year. 

Will a successful alum like Matt Kaulig put something together like that for a key Zips starter in a sport?

Not on the same level of course, (except maybe soccer). Basketball and football would be on a much lower level. But then we don’t recruit the same players in those sports as the top 30 or 40 programs anyway.

Would, say, Pepsi sponsor the Zips Striker or goalie? 

This is a game changer…

You cannot sponsor the program and an athlete. It has to be one or the other from what I understand.

Are the Zips providing any assistance to help players navigate this new world?

• Thanks 1

This is the least surprising news I've heard in a while. Years ago all the NCAA had to do was to allow players to have jobs and make some money. Learning the value of work is a good lesson for a young person. Now these kids are going to learn the modern life lesson that is you can get paid for doing almost nothing as an "influencer". 

• Like 1

For some, NIL success will be more a result of their social media activity than their profile as an athlete.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/as-nil-rules-go-into-effect-these-ncaa-athletes-moved-quickly-to-profit-from-name-image-and-likenes

Cavinder Sisters

Fresno State women's basketball players Haley and Hanna Cavinder have racked up millions of followers on TikTok, and now the twins can capitalize on their social media prowess. The duo scored a deal with wireless carrier Boost Mobile that illustrates the possibilities for athletes who don't regularly play in the national spotlight. They also posted an endorsement for a nutrition company on Instagram along with a dollar symbolic of the new day in college sports. 

27 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

For some

Cavinder Sisters

Well, someone has to say it. For some = for attractive young girls who know they are attractive and fit some fetishes/fantasies.  

There are some hammer throwers that also fall into some of the above but probably will not be as much as these two sisters. It's a different twist on the phrase "haves vs have nots". The self hyper sexualization of college age women is an odd twist for the "#metoo" era. If I was a publication like Playboy, I would already be approaching some of these women for a special editions of things like "the girls of conference X" editions.

The term “Game changer” is probably the most overused cliche over the past couple years.

But it’s not in this case. At least for the top 30 or 40 schools.

It remains to be seen how it will effect mid-majors. Will it draw more mid-major talent to the big programs than the transfer portal already does?

I’m not so sure. 

Edited by Spin