Top ten reasons we don't have a countdown clock

Zipmeister

14 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

10. The excitement of a countdown clock would be too much for most posters on Zipsnation.

9. Given the lack of info coming out of the athletic department, we can't be sure the Zips will actually show up for the first game.

• Like 1

This top ten countdown series is the only thing to look forward to as our football season approaches. Please, someone, explain to me why the university is not creating any hype whatsoever, for any sport? Ultimately the marketing is the responsibility of the AD, I don't give a damn how new he is. The conspiracy side of my brain is having a real field day. Help! I want to get excited about UA fall sports.

1 hour ago, 72 Roo said:

This top ten countdown series is the only thing to look forward to as our football season approaches. Please, someone, explain to me why the university is not creating any hype whatsoever, for any sport? Ultimately the marketing is the responsibility of the AD, I don't give a damn how new he is. The conspiracy side of my brain is having a real field day. Help! I want to get excited about UA fall sports.

You're correct 72, the AD's office should have at a minimum, an SiD intern or junior staff provide on-line content that the ABJ could use as source material, since they seem incapable of researching or providing any news on their own. 

The Athletics Review Working Group report that was released on July 1st, should have suggested a coordinated effort between the AD and ABJ to increase interest among the community and student body in all athletics, and as a result, help put fans in the stands as part of the effort to increase revenue. Instead, you can read another article about the OSU QB competition, something you can read about literally everyday in Cleveland.com.  The Plain Dealer has thrown out all local coverage of Ohio college's (with the exception of tOSU) and even worse, all High School coverage. If the ABJ would at minimum look to the Athletic Department for information that could stir some interest, it would have a huge impact at minimum expense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

4. A countdown clock is being discussed, but administrators have been deadlocked for weeks over whether it should be analog or digital.

It should be analog, like the Doomsday Clock.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 11:10 AM, clarkwgriswold said:

3.  Who counts down to a colonoscopy or root canal?

2. At this point, the athletic department does not have enough money to purchase the batteries required to keep the clock running all the way to zero. There are plans to start the clock up 2.5 days before kickoff.