2022 Zips soccer recruits

This is the zips 3rd recruit for 2022.   However, I can't find a topic.....for 2022.   I will post this here and I will go back and look for the first 2 recruits

Welcome to Anis.   PS.....we love top goal scorers !!!

• Like 1

Earlier this week (before the Anis Smajlovic commitment), top Drawer soccer ranked the zips 2022 recruiting class as 8th best in the country.

2 very highly rated players.   Welcome to Levi and Stefan.

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/2022-mens-recruiting-rankings:-august_aid49670

8. Akron

Commitments: F Stefan Dobrijevic (Internationals SC – No. 83), D Levi Stephens (Internationals SC – No. 84)

Only two commitments have reported their decision to join Akron. But with both ranked in the Top 100, it propels Akron to this spot.

• Like 2

Levi committed to Akron on May 26, 2020.   Very belated welcome to Levi.   I really look forward to seeing you play in Fall 2022.

Levi has trained with the Philadelphia Union academy and he has represented the USA in many international soccer contests.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Not sure why Ashton's IG post shows Ontario, CA. Looks like he attends Lakota West High School in the Cincinnati area.

https://www.cincinnati.com/picture-gallery/sports/high-school/high-school-sports/2021/11/10/photos-greater-cincinnatis-november-2021-national-signing-day/6372484001/

5 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

I do not yet know Ashton Kamdem, but I have watched Levi Stephens play many times.  Hard for me to believe that there are 80 ~18-year old

players better than Stephens.

ZipsNation welcomes Ashton and Levi!

It is great to see your very positive comments on Levi.

Actually, top drawer soccer....dropped Levi from 85 to 92 in the latest rankings

so, they actually think that there are 91 better players.    25 of their top 34 have already gone pro....#3 on their list is Cade Cowell...and #4 is Paxten Aaronsen of the Philadelphia Union...#6 on their list is Evan Rotundo of Schalke.   those 3 are pretty darn good.....Hopefully, Levi will prove top drawer soccer wrong and make their all freshman team next year

a bright spot....about Levi at 92....is one of the folks rated ahead of him.....is a zip recruit.....

Stefan Dobrijevic.....dropped from 84 to 91 in the latest rankings

Stefan is a forward from Internationals SC

the videos of Anis Smajlovic on you tube.....look good....

hopefully, all 4 known recruits, Levi, Stefan, Anis and Ashton.....bring much happiness to zips fans.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Do any of them have a cannon for a leg? This team desperately needs a scorer - or two.

the 4 recruits...right now....are two forwards...and 2 defenders

I think that we can all agree.......that the zips need to add some midfielders as well........

great vision , excellent passing, wonderful ball possession, ball winning skills.....speed......

that is not too much to ask  ????

the 2015 midfield....of Laryea, Najem and Souto.....comes to mind  .......Can Santa Claus bring the zips...a 2022 midfield.....comparable to Richie, Victor and Adam?  

come on Santa Claus, I don't ask you for much !!!!

21 minutes ago, TennZip said:

the 4 recruits...right now....are two forwards...and 2 defenders

I think that we can all agree.......that the zips need to add some midfielders as well........

great vision , excellent passing, wonderful ball possession, ball winning skills.....speed......

that is not too much to ask  ????

the 2015 midfield....of Laryea, Najem and Souto.....comes to mind  .......Can Santa Claus bring the zips...a 2022 midfield.....comparable to Richie, Victor and Adam?  

come on Santa Claus, I don't ask you for much !!!!

Akron has proven, in recent years, that Forward doesn't always mean "scorer". Are either of the two "Forward" recruits snipers? 

I'm all for a cohesive, talented midfield as well to help create offense. We. Just. Need. To. Score.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 9:33 PM, fknbuflobo said:

Actually, I believe that is three 2021 recruits (Jonas Buechte, Malik Henry, Wan Kuzri Wan Kamal) and one 2020 recruit (Dyson Clapier). 🙂

https://gozips.com/sports/mens-soccer/roster/2020

F Josh Hallenberger transferring from Clemson to Akron. https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/2022-mens-di-transfer-tracker_aid50186

Welcome Josh!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXhukkGvPiX/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 3

On 1/2/2022 at 8:20 PM, Zip_ME87 said:

Noonan on Hallenberger…

“Josh is a very active attacking winger and is a player who we have had on our radar for a long time. He was a highly sought-after player and someone we are excited to have contributed to our team.”

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...