Game 1 - Auburn

Zipmeister

9 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

Based on the pre-season hype that we are developing an offensive juggernaut I am predicting we score 3 points.

So you are anticipating an Auburn turnover deep in their own territory?

From what I have read, this looks to be a down year for Auburn.  Even a down year will result in a win against our Zips, but let's hope the Zips aren't embarrassed and come out of the game healthy with some positive experience under their belts.

Sounds like both Kato & Irons played well, as our #1 & #2.

Ant & Jonzell were both back & sound like they've solidified their positions as #1 & #2.  

We've got quite a stable of QB's & RB's.  And WR's for that matter, though the article doesn't mention them.  Still looking forward to Dollard's return.

An interesting tidbit...

John Morookian, who came to the Zips in May as tight ends coach, assumed the role of offensive line coach, recently... Arth offered no comment for the coaching change.

That means Coach Z has fallen down the ladder a bit on this staff.  He was OL coach and OC.  Then Bryan Gasser was promoted to OC & Coach Z's sole responsibility was OL.  Now, Idk, tight ends coach?

Edited by Blue & Gold

29 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Sounds like both Kato & Irons played well, as our #1 & #2.

Ant & Jonzell were both back & sound like they've solidified their positions as #1 & #2.  

We've got quite a stable of QB's & RB's.  And WR's for that matter, though the article doesn't mention them.  Still looking forward to Dollard's return.

An interesting tidbit...

John Morookian, who came to the Zips in May as tight ends coach, assumed the role of offensive line coach, recently... Arth offered no comment for the coaching change.

That means Coach Z has fallen down the ladder a bit on this staff.  He was OL coach and OC.  Then Bryan Gasser was promoted to OC & Coach Z's sole responsibility was OL.  Now, Idk, tight ends coach?

Thanks for sharing. Today is the first day of classes, I have to wonder if that means Dollard is allowed back now per University policy?

Coach Z hasn't tweeted since August 5th and doesn't mention being coach in his bio, though he does have a picture of the players in his background. Would be interesting to know what went on there. Have to assume he's no longer with the program....

I am predicting that the game will be played -- (unlike Nebraska.)    And that the check will clear.  The only question is who will score more on us.... Auburn,  Ohio State or Kent State?    SEC teams show no mercy.. neither will Kent.  OHIO State will pull the starters but even their walk-ons will score on us.

2 hours ago, K-Roo said:

I am predicting that the game will be played -- (unlike Nebraska.)    And that the check will clear.  The only question is who will score more on us.... Auburn,  Ohio State or Kent State?    SEC teams show no mercy.. neither will Kent.  OHIO State will pull the starters but even their walk-ons will score on us.

My money's on Ohio State on this one.

1 minute ago, bigjim said:

S.L. McCall is also no longer on the roster.  He came from Iowa Western CC and was praised by Arth after spring ball was concluded.  The irony is that he was a high school teammate of Dollard.  

$hit. I forgot about him....he would be a big loss as well it seems...lets hope its just another case of our media team not being up to par, but the fact that they were removed doesn't look good....