Game 1 - Auburn

Zipmeister

So this dimwit screws up and puts his free education in peril with a damn gun.  He's then given a get out of jail free card that requires him to merely kiss the *** of a probation officer for a year.  In acknowledgement of the huge break he's been given he then goes out and gets arrested AGAIN.   Make sure to grab your $h!+ on the way out and good luck with the rest of your life as just another guy who screwed away his chance telling stories nobody wants to hear in some crappy small town in Florida.  Damn kids.

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

So this dimwit screws up and puts his free education in peril with a damn gun.  He's then given a get out of jail free card that requires him to merely kiss the *** of a probation officer for a year.  In acknowledgement of the huge break he's been given he then goes out and gets arrested AGAIN.   Make sure to grab your $h!+ on the way out and good luck with the rest of your life as just another guy who screwed away his chance telling stories nobody wants to hear in some crappy small town in Florida.  Damn kids.

Pretty much. 

Edited by NWAkron

40 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Hallelujah! Holy crap!  Where's the Tylenol?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Dollard gone.  Arrested again.  Good riddance.

OVI is a new one for me. I guess that's Ohio's version of DUI. 

Anyhow, good riddance. Little-by-little, this guy is going to progress to a jail cell by his 30th birthday. Nobody this lacking in self awareness can turn things around. 

Edited by GP1

I watched the presser and I came away with no excitement for this team. I don't need promises, but jeez give me something to believe in, not 13 minutes of coach-speak. My biggest disappointment is that I am not seeing any drive to win from the head coach. I believe that until we fill the cupboard with talent we need to see passion for building a winning program. I have met Arth. He is one helluva guy. But I'm still looking for proof he can deliver a winning program.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Opening day tomorrow and has anyone even seen a depth chart?

They give us nothing to talk about.

😴😴😴

They did release the pregame notes, but not depth chart to be found within it. "Gamesmanship" would be my guess, but not like it would make a difference :)

• Sad 1

Wow, it's game day and the program has sunk to such a low that there is zero enthusiasm. No Thursday predictions and not an iota of hope that the Zips can compete today.

Re: Dollard, I understand the disappointment, but it makes me genuinely sad to see another young man full of potential throw his life away. 

Let’s be real here. We are playing Auburn in a season with low expectations. My hope is to make the game competitive for at least a half,  come out injury free,  and see some players to get excited about when we are playing our level of competition. Go zips!

• Like 1

My Ohio division 5 high school football team has rosters and depth charts all over the internet. 

My NCAA Division 1 FBS alma mater? 

crickets chirping.

Don’t get me started on their marketing “effort”…

2 hours ago, Spin said:

My Ohio division 5 high school football team has rosters and depth charts all over the internet. 

My NCAA Division 1 FBS alma mater? 

crickets chirping.

Don’t get me started on their marketing “effort”…

I have no problem with them holding back the 2 deep if they feel it gives them some competitive advantage. But the complete lack of marketing is a disaster. Other G5 schools hold back the 2 deep, but they do other things to create buzz,

11 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

I have no problem with them holding back the 2 deep if they feel it gives them some competitive advantage. But the complete lack of marketing is a disaster. Other G5 schools hold back the 2 deep, but they do other things to create buzz,

The Zips are a 37 point dog.  They have 3 seniors on the roster, only one of who may play (beside special teams).  They have over 70 Fr and R-Fr on the team.  There is no competitive advantage by holding back the 2 deep.  I have been critical of the coach at times, but I have also tried to support Arth.  He is making it harder by the day to see the positivity in the program.  Now, an upset today would erase all of the wrongs that have been voiced here.  Let's go David!!!

• Like 1