Game 1 - Auburn

Zipmeister

2 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

So true.  Zips, & the "Z", and and the Roo are awesome and unique logos/monikers.  So much better than generic "Bulldogs" or "Tigers" or whatever.

Though I also really like the script Akron, unlike some on here.

I like the script Akron as well.  

Or a Flash..

Just now, Blue & Gold said:

"Or a Flash.."

Lol, I don't get it.  You just saying "Flash" is also unique?

I guess sometimes you don't know until you see it in a real game environment, so maybe the coaches wanted to go with the 6th-year guy, but I think Irons looks clearly better than Kato and that we should go with him moving forward.

17 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

So true.  Zips, & the "Z", and and the Roo are awesome and unique logos/monikers.  So much better than generic "Bulldogs" or "Tigers" or whatever.

Though I also really like the script Akron, unlike some on here.

I think the script Akron is fine and okay in some applications. Works on the front of basketball jerseys or occasionally on football helmets. But it shouldn't be a primary logo when we have really cool logos to pick from. I don't think any school, or professional team, has a main logo that's just their name except for Ole Miss. It just feels generic and amateurish. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, akzipper said:

I think the script Akron is fine and okay in some applications. Works on the front of basketball jerseys or occasionally on football helmets. But it shouldn't be a primary logo when we have really cool logos to pick from. I don't think any school, or professional team, has a main logo that's just their name except for Ole Miss. It just feels generic and amateurish. 

Good point & I agree.  I love the "Z" logo and the script "Akron,"  Sort of like the Indians used to have Chief Wahoo as the primary logo but script "Indians" on the front of the jersey.  I would like to see the "Z" somewhere.  I especially liked it on the helmet.

• Like 1

I hate the script

It looks stupid and out of place next to our name 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, dre22era said:

I hate the script

It looks stupid and out of place next to our name 

A generic script from a Nike catalog. Congrats to whoever thought this was a good idea. This is worse than when the basketball team decided our school colors were silver, blue and black for like 4 seasons. Giant mistake and horrible decision. Embarrassing move by a Division 1 school. 

Anyone think we could get a petition or something going to get this changed? I remember when Michigan State tried to modify the Spartan logo and the fanbase nearly rioted. 

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Ask and ye shall receive........

1.       How many rushing yards will the Zips get against Auburn?

a.       Negative

b.      0-50

c.       More than 50

2.       How many passes will the Zip’s complete against Auburn?

a.       None

b.      1-3

c.       More than 3

3.       How many points will Auburn score against the Zips?

a.       40-50

b.      50-60

c.       More than 60

4.       In which state is Auburn located?

a.       Florida

b.      California

c.       Somewhere else

5.       How many quarterbacks will Auburn play today?

a.       2

b.       3

c.       More than 3

No winner in the quiz as nobody selected "negative" rushing yardage.

• Sad 1

The Auburn game result was as expected.  Collect our check and board the plane.  The big takeaway from this mercenary effort: Kato Nelson has ZERO business starting at QB for the remainder of the season.

I like the script Akron, but it should NEVER be a replacement for a logo.  It shows how minor league we are in terms of marketing and branding.  The "Z" always looked amateurish, but somehow showcase the uniqueness of Zips name and/or kangaroo.