@ Ohio State

12 hours ago, Akron Rick said:

FYI the match in Columbus on Wed. Sept.15th will be on Big Ten Network at 7pm.

can you please post a link to an article that shows that the game will be on regular big ten network?

https://btn.com/shows/

when I go to their site and key in September 15, their site tells me that they will show volley ball at 7 and campus eats at 8.

unrelated, I sure hope that the University is lining up buses to take a lot of AK Rowdies down to Columbus.

Akron needs to have a lot of fans in Columbus for this game.

Soccer in Ohio......belongs to the zips.   Fan support needed to help the hard working players get a big win over the Buckeyes

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TennZip said:

can you please post a link to an article that shows that the game will be on regular big ten network?

https://btn.com/shows/

when I go to their site and key in September 15, their site tells me that they will show volley ball at 7 and campus eats at 8.

Unfortunately you are correct.I got that from the OSU Official site which I was sure had "BTN" for the broadcast when I posted it here. When I saw your response I double checked and saw the "+" had been added...sorry. I get both ESPN+ and BTN+ and think they're worth the $$ if you love college soccer and basketball like I do.

• Thanks 1

Our coaches have done an excellent job of retooling and coaching this team. We have talented, athletic players with the skills and fire to be great.

Who else is planning to travel to blOSU to support our team versus the despised Buckeyes against whom the Zips have an all-time winning record of 29-6-5 (W-L-D), I believe?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TennZip said:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-men/d1/united-soccer-coaches

in this week's coaches poll, the soccer zips moved up from #16 to #7

surprisingly to me, Pitt (#15 last week) moved up to #5  (Pitt lost to Akron and then defeated #2 North Carolina 4-0)

Lots of respect aimed at Akron with this. 

Another note regarding B10Network+...

Games against Penn State (Oct 13th) and Michigan (Oct 18th) are not on the B10Network+ schedule. Also not sure how to continue with the subscription for strictly soccer, as the "Select Pass" button disappears upon selecting Soccer.

I emailed their support staff, but am not holding my breath for a quick response. I'm assuming most of the Big Ten are too busy getting their panties in a twist over the Urban-to-USC rumors and how that affects their partnership with the Pac12. The rest are scrambling to figure out which team gives them the best odds of getting into the College Football Playoff after OSUcks embarrassing loss to Oregon this past weekend, when the Suckeyes got their nuts "quacked". 

• Like 1

I think we may have a god basis for smack when referring to soccer. We'll see after tonight's action. As far as the football comments, I'm not poking that bear until around the 1st of October when the UAfb game is well in the rearview mirror. On B10+, I don't think they'll go to Akron to cover away games for their members. Best bet for tv would be ESPN + which doesn't currently list those games but as they get closer they may list them.

worst half that the zips have played this year.   The ball was constantly in Ohio State's half of the field.

Score easily could have been 2-0.  Will Meyer could not control a ball and it bounced out a few feet in front of goal.  Fortunately, the zips were able to clear.

Ohio State had several 2 on 2 or 3 vs. 3 opportunities.   Zips were always 2 vs 5 or 3 vs 6...no good opportunities at all

Ohio State seems to be winning every ball in the midfield

Captain Carlo Ritaccio made his first appearance this year at 44:28.

Jared used a lot of subs in first half.  Hope that the zips can use their fresh legs to win some balls in the midfield.