@ Ohio State

Just now, bigzipguy said:

Disgusting. Losing to a bad team. Shut out by a bad team. Did anybody see on game stats that a penalty kick was to be awarded. bUT NEVER WAS,  not sure by their wording what team was to be awarded.

There SHOULD have been one awarded as Pacheco was laid out just inside the penalty area. Ref just said play on. But no calls and/or bad calls are to be expected, especially on the road. Bucks were pumped to deflect attention away from their crappy record with a top 10 upset and give them credit they got it done. Zips' younguns can hopefully grow from this by realizing it's a far different game when you're the hunted than when you're the hunter.

• Like 2

I’m very disappointed in our new Athletic Director and his Deputy. In the past, UA has often sent a bus load of Rowdies to Mens soccer matches at Ohio State creating a great atmosphere on the road. No, not tonight. Don’t tell me it didn’t happen because of Covid. They’re sending a bus on the 25th to see a completely lopsided grid iron game at Ohio Stadium. Also, I didn’t see the AD or his Deputy in attendance tonight.  I saw Caleb Porter, Darlington Nagbe, Perry Kitchen, Evan Bush, Blair Gavin, Chad Barson, and the founder of our Men’s Soccer Program, Stu Parry. In fact, Caleb has so much respect for our program he made sure to catch up with Stu Parry and took a picture with Stu and Bill Parry. Caleb, Darlington, Perry, Evan, Blair, and Chad were all very gracious to the Zips fans in attendance taking time to reminisce with us and talk about current happenings in their and our lives. Our AD and his Deputy missed a great opportunity to meet some key people from our prestigious Men’s Soccer Program and current coach, staff and players of the Columbus Crew. Heck, I think one of the OSU sports facility staff with whom we talked prior to the game knew more about our program than our Athletics Department leadership. Come on Charlie and Marcus. Soccer may not be your thing, but Zips Mens Soccer is the most successful program in your department as you should be able to tell from the banners at First Energy Stadium Cub Cadet Field. Soccer continues to grow in popularity in the USA. You’re doing better than the previous AD, but time to get yourselves out to more than hopeless grid iron games and to use some of those pay outs from Auburn and OSU to help some of our sports other than grid iron. 

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well said by Jared and appreciate his apology. No idea why our players were so uninspired in this game. As he said, arrogance? I hope they learned to never take any opponent for granted. I love this team. I don’t regret traveling to Columbus to support them and will continue to be there at home and on the road, but very disappointed they let us down like that. 

• Like 2

An opportunity was missed by our AD by not being at this game. I can assure you OSU took it seriously and so did their administration. Christine Johnson, the president of OSU, was in attendance. There was a lot on the line. Guthrie needs to seize every chance he gets to network with big, influential athletic depts if we want to grow.

Kudos to Jared for calling our poor play exactly that. We were sh*tty. Contrast that to Arth's presser in which he sugar coats incompetence and wastes time on OU-Duquesne. What about addressing our issues starting with QB and DL? I think he doesn't talk about those issues, and others, because he doesn't have an answer.

• Like 4