game 4 - last year College Cup team Pittsburgh

preseason number 3 Pitts comes to CubCadet Field on Labor Day to start off a huge week (pre-season number 2 Indiana on Friday)

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer/college-national-top-100/men

Pitt started their season with a 7-0 win over Duquesne.

As BigZipGuy shared with us, Pitt lost to West Virginia

On Friday night, Pitt beat Lehigh 2-1

as you can see in the link above, top drawer soccer thinks that Pitt has 3 of the best 7 players in college soccer.

Midfielders Veljko Petkovic and Valentin Noel are the 2 guys that Akron will have to stop Monday night.

Pitt also has a defender that was selected for pre season All American team

• Thanks 1

AkronRick - the scrum at the end started with above described situation.  In my opinion the ref let the game get out of control.  Pitt was constantly complaining and it just got gradually worse.  The end was just a carryover from something that should have been taken care of during the game.  #19 is an aggressive player and he is a good player - but his actions were pathetic. 

• Like 2

My players of the game...

3. Malik Henry. Dude is FAST and made a great cross on Zips 1st score. Last night I hated the Canucks but tonight love ya Malik!

2.Ryan Kingsford. He's the player that seems to get stronger as the game goes on. Never slowed down tonight.

1. Will Meyer. Has improved so much since last year. Will and the Pitt keeper had a great time one-upping each other.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Akron Rick said:

3. Malik Henry. Dude is FAST and made a great cross on Zips 1st score. Last night I hated the Canucks but tonight love ya Malik!

2.Ryan Kingsford. He's the player that seems to get stronger as the game goes on. Never slowed down tonight.

1. Will Meyer. Has improved so much since last year. Will and the Pitt keeper had a great time one-upping each other.

I agree with your list, but I would go in the opposite order.  

1. I have never seen Will Meyer play as well as he did tonight. MOTM!

2. Ryan Kingsford works tirelessly.  He is non-stop.  And he does everything well.

3. Malik Henry is fast.  I mean, like DeAndre Yedlin/Kofi Sarkodie fast.  Hope his ankle heals up well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fknbuflobo said:

I agree with your list, but I would go in the opposite order.  

1. I have never seen Will Meyer play as well as he did tonight. MOTM!

2. Ryan Kingsford works tirelessly.  He is non-stop.  And he does everything well.

3. Malik Henry is fast.  I mean, like DeAndre Yedlin/Kofi Sarkodie fast.  Hope his ankle heals up well.

14 minutes ago, Akron Rick said:

Seems like the same order to me if one looks at the numbering. Lol

9 hours ago, Akron Rick said:

That burst Malik put on the first goal was ridiculous!!!!

• Like 2

Great team performance.....the defenders and GK's worked their tails off....

the forwards and wingers....were simply outstanding....

the midfielders ran all over the field...Renato has quickly become a favorite....he is feisty and does not back down

Hoping that Samu will be back for Friday's big match.  Samu is the best ball winner on the team as HMF

Finally, it was great to see our new Athletic director on the field with his young children after the game

I am so glad that Larry the Lawyer....has moved on. Charles Guthrie has made a strong first impression.

• Like 5