Game 2 - Temple

LZIp

And we continue to be loved for the wrong reasons

After Today This Program is Dead 

Its over for Arth 

He has no business EVER being on our Sideline but Backdoor Privilege got him the job 

Worst Decision in this Program's History that may put us in a financial and cultural debt we may never recover from on a FBS I-A level. 

A Shitty Football Program who can't draw fans to a stadium they have yet to pay off. 

Edited by dre22era
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

This is about as bad as it gets, but what can be done? Certainly cannot afford to fire him and pay off his contract, which goes until 2023. This is going to be an impossible situation.

Probably can't afford to...but we're getting close to "can't afford not to" territory here.

The faculty union was strongly in favor of football going to D2 or D3.  They appear to have gotten there wish without all of the formalities.

Arth is ours for the foreseeable future unless he walks away and waives the balance of his contract.  That's not happening.

I'll save the rant for tomorrow when I am calmer.

Coach JB from Last Chance U was on the Pat McAfee Show yesterday, and mentioned Akron by name as a program he could turn around. I'm not saying I want JB with his questionable past, but this program desperately needs someone like him from a competitive, out-of-the-box thinking sense. 

We make this whole football thing look a lot harder than it really is. 

Is it possible, in the age of weird contracts to fit any situation, to include a clause where, if a certain record isn't met, the remainder of the contract is voided upon firing?

11 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The faculty union was strongly in favor of football going to D2 or D3.  They appear to have gotten there wish without all of the formalities.

Arth is ours for the foreseeable future unless he walks away and waives the balance of his contract.  That's not happening.

I'll save the rant for tomorrow when I am calmer.

I'm not in favor of allowing the faculty union making athletic decisions :)

I'm willing (generous of me right?) to give Irons a mulligan on that interception.  I'm sure it won't happen again.  And, well, there's no question now who will be QB.  Ohio U lost to a Duquesne who I didn't know had a football team.

Edited by NWAkron
  • Like 1