Game 2 - Temple

LZIp

On 9/10/2021 at 10:14 PM, LZIp said:

We should be going against a true freshman QB who has never completed a pass and a team that doesn't seem much more talented than us. 

Just had a chance to watch the game. It is notable that Justin Lynch is the younger brother of former NIU QB and Heisman trophy finalist Jordan Lynch. I suppose it makes sense with Rod Carey being Temple's head coach.

Not much more can be said that hasn't already been said about this one. It is now very clearly and pathetically embarrassing that Thomas Edward Arth is currently employed at The University of Akron. Although, he does technically still have 4 games left to match the 2-22 mark on the Rob Ianello "Fit for Football Fatality" scale. 

Edited by ZippyforPresident

2 hours ago, Zippy1986 said:

Reload and let’s get them next week! Kato was starting to look very comfortable before his injury. I think staff was riding Kato as his experience gives them best chance to win. Irons is the future but staff needs to win now!! 

I supported him for years, but we need to dump Kato now.  He is not the present nor the future of this team.  l

• Like 1

This game pointed out to me that we should not get too low over football. There's not much we can do for now. I had hopes for Arth even though I did not support his hiring. He seems like a nice guy to talk to. He also seems out of his depth in running a D1 program. We are not in the position to buy out his contract so we are stuck for 2 more years. I had hoped for progress, not expecting perfection. I got neither. Arth has a poor staff and it shows on game day. The team is not prepared. I believe someone checked out the D1 coaching experience on his staff and it amounted to nine years over 10 guys. That is pathetic. The team is not improving because the staff does not know how to improve them in the face of adversity, which they should have learned before coming to Akron. 

Arth's press conference was so sad. He railed against loss of confidence, but offered no specifics on how to build it. Well coach, confidence is built in practice. It is achieved thru following your leadership with total commitment and knowing their tutelage will get your thru any unexpected turns in the game. These players are not as talented as an average MAC team, but they can overachieve if they believe, work hard and are willing to follow a vision for a better program. That vision and leadership are lacking at Akron.

Many of us fell for the trap that if you start young (Fr) players they will get better, like the OL. Not necessarily true if the players on that line don't have the ability to get better or be coached up. Our OL's have always been young and always supposedly ready to turn into a great unit. 

For now we can only hope Guthrie has a plan for football. This scares me considering Guthrie has never run or been part of a school with D1 football. My suggestion is to follow soccer and wait for basketball. We had hoped football would get better, but as a corporate strategist once told me hope is not a strategic plan, you have to go out and make change (improvement) happen.

• Thanks 4

I figured I would let you boys slug it out on here a bit before I chimes in. I have been watching this team and I like some of the young men Arth has brought in.My only complaint is he don’t seem to want to play them. If you loose with the young men you are playing then try something else. Play the youngin’s .. see what happens. I also notice all the upper classmen are gone.Can’t win with no experience. I have also mentioned Arth is not using the transfer portal like he should. The transfers he brought in he ain’t using. #11 is a big boy that did well at Kentucky and we ain’t using him. Whats up there? 

2 hours ago, John Ward said:

I figured I would let you boys slug it out on here a bit before I chimes in. I have been watching this team and I like some of the young men Arth has brought in.My only complaint is he don’t seem to want to play them. If you loose with the young men you are playing then try something else. Play the youngin’s .. see what happens. I also notice all the upper classmen are gone.Can’t win with no experience. I have also mentioned Arth is not using the transfer portal like he should. The transfers he brought in he ain’t using. #11 is a big boy that did well at Kentucky and we ain’t using him. Whats up there? 

1. Lose, not "loose."

2. Since we can't win with experience, we should be playing "youngin's" with no experience, whom we cannot win with.  Seems logical?

3. Arth seems to disfavor the most talented players he has "brought in" and is apparently playing neither "youngin's" or "experience." Interesting approach, however, it seems unlikely.

4. Doesn't, not "don't."

5. Tom Arth is incapable of successfully coaching division one college football. On this, I think we all agree.

6. We all make silly posts. Myself included.

Edited by ZippyforPresident
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ZippyforPresident said:

1. Lose, not "loose."

2. Since we can't win with experience, we should be playing "youngin's" with no experience, whom we cannot win with.  Seems logical?

3. Arth seems to disfavor the most talented players he has "brought in" and is apparently playing neither "youngin's" or "experience." Interesting approach, however, it seems unlikely.

4. Doesn't, not "don't."

5. Tom Arth is incapable of successfully coaching division one college football. On this, I think we all agree.

6. We all make silly posts. Myself included.

How did you miss "I chimes in"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, John Ward said:

If the upperclassmen are gone and he's not playing the "youngins".. then who is playing?

16 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

If the upperclassmen are gone and he's not playing the "youngins".. then who is playing?

Well it looks like he is playing some Redshirts and Sophs. My question is how and why did all our experienced players like Peterson ,Council, Riley, Boogie,Meeks, Morris etc all leave? And thank you boys for the english lesson. When I talk into the phone a lot of times it changes the words. And Zipmeister thanks for piling on but thats just the type of person you are. Enough said there !

1 hour ago, John Ward said:

Well it looks like he is playing some Redshirts and Sophs. My question is how and why did all our experienced players like Peterson ,Council, Riley, Boogie,Meeks, Morris etc all leave? And thank you boys for the english lesson. When I talk into the phone a lot of times it changes the words. And Zipmeister thanks for piling on but thats just the type of person you are. Enough said there !

The hall monitor has gone and hurt my feelings again.

We were wondering if one of your grand kids had made that post using your account.

1 hour ago, John Ward said:

You always seem so sure that only men follow football enough to participate. 

20 hours ago, bigjim said:

I supported him for years, but we need to dump Kato now.  He is not the present nor the future of this team.  l

Ya, I was surprised when Kato was named the starter. That ship sailed couple of seasons ago. Now Arth has screwed up the QB situation and is going to have to go with Irons. I am going to be interested to see what happens at the end of this season.

Kato had 82 yards passing with a TD and 32 yards rushing in his 25 min. before getting hurt and fumbling; Temple was chasing but not getting to him - I thought he was doing alright. I don't suppose anything's been said about his status(?) I think we'll need both him and DJI-0 going forward; can't see kicking him to the curb at this point.

55 minutes ago, Lee Adams said:

Ya, I was surprised when Kato was named the starter. That ship sailed couple of seasons ago. Now Arth has screwed up the QB situation and is going to have to go with Irons. I am going to be interested to see what happens at the end of this season.

What exactly did he screw up with the QB situation?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...