Looking at the Hoosiers

I'm new here and I'm certainly nothing more than a fan of Zips soccer , but from looking at Indy's roster these may be 3 players to watch Friday....

1.Probably the guy most would know is Victor Bezerra, who has missed a few games this year but came back last match vs. Xavier. He scored 

15 times last season and was Hermann Trophy runnerup. Trains with the Chicago Fire...not their club team, the actual Fire! Wears #7.

2. Forward Sam Sarver from Beachwood, Ohio scored the only goal of their last game as they beat X 1-0. He was rated #32 in U.S. last 

year by Top Drawer and is a freshman wearing #9.

3. Ben Yeagley is a midfielder and a redshirt junior. He is the son of the Hoosier coach Todd Yeagley and wears #20.

Of course as the #1 team in the country they'll be throwing a lot more talent at the Zips than these three. My hope is by mentioning them

by name I'll be jinxing at least three of their better players.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Akron Rick said:

I'm new here and I'm certainly nothing more than a fan of Zips soccer , but from looking at Indy's roster these may be 3 players to watch Friday....

1.Probably the guy most would know is Victor Bezerra, who has missed a few games this year but came back last match vs. Xavier. He scored 

15 times last season and was Hermann Trophy runnerup. Trains with the Chicago Fire...not their club team, the actual Fire! Wears #7.

2. Forward Sam Sarver from Beachwood, Ohio scored the only goal of their last game as they beat X 1-0. He was rated #32 in U.S. last 

year by Top Drawer and is a freshman wearing #9.

3. Ben Yeagley is a midfielder and a redshirt junior. He is the son of the Hoosier coach Todd Yeagley and wears #20.

Of course as the #1 team in the country they'll be throwing a lot more talent at the Zips than these three. My hope is by mentioning them

by name I'll be jinxing at least three of their better players.

However tough were the PIT Panthers, IND Hoosiers will be a sterner foe. 

These guys got talent to burn!   

(How the @#$%! did Samuel Sarver end up at Indiana!)

2021 Men's Soccer Roster - Indiana University Athletics (iuhoosiers.com)

Also keep an eye on GK Roman Celentano #1, D and Joey Maher #2.

Hell, keep an eye on ALL of them; lots of future pros on this roster.

I fully realize what I am saying here:  Rarely has there ever been a greater assemblage of blue chip talent in NCAA history.

Mid 1990s Viginia, maybe?  2009 Akron?

That.  Does.  Not.  Mean.  that Zips cannot emerge victorious.

And for the record, Ben Yeagley is the grandson of Jerry Yeagley.  😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer/college-national-top-100/men

top drawer soccer thinks that Hoosier player Victor Bezerra is the 2nd best player in college soccer

TDS has Indiana goal keeper Roman Celentano as the top rated GK in college soccer...and the 9th best player in college soccer

Defender Spencer Glass is rated by TDS as the 18th best player in college soccer

You will remember that TDS says that Pitt had 3 of the top 7 players in the Country.  Akron, according to TDS ....has no upperclassmen worthy of being in their to 100

hmmm.....and Akron won when they played Pitt !!!!

continuing the Hoosier ranking fest...

Defender Daniel Munie is rated at the 36th best player in college soccer

Forward Herbert Endeley is rated as the 75th best player in college soccer

Akron and Indiana each had one player selected to the TDS pre season All American freshman team

Freshman Best XI

F: Caden Stafford (Maryland), Sandor Pelle (Yale), Ilijah Paul (Washington)

M: William Reilly (Stanford), Bailey Sparks (SMU), Zemi Rodriguez (American), Tommy Mihalic (Indiana)

😧 D Kieran Sargeant (Georgetown), Dante Huckaby (Louisville), Jonas Buechte (Akron)

GK: Emmanuel Smalios (St. John's)

In their weekly polls this week, top drawer soccer does not have Akron in the top 25

College soccer news does not have Akron in their top 30

In this week's college soccer coaches poll (voting was done before the game against Pitt....Indiana was voted number 9 and Akron was voted number 16

https://unitedsoccercoaches.org/rankings/college-rankings/ncaa-di-men/

• Thanks 2

great college soccer game

Will Meyer had a huge save in each overtime

Will Jackson had his best game as a Zip.  Endeley is an absolute beast for the Hoosiers and Jackson battled him all night

Jason Shokalook had always been rated slightly lower than Sam Sarver when they were juniors.

Shokalook outplayed Sarver tonight

Jared and staff made great coaching adjustments at half time

Hoosiers were better team in first half.  Akron was the better team in 2nd half.

Great performance by Wan Kuzri Wan Kamal and Ranato Kauzlaric in the midfield.

Playing 2 college cup caliber teams ....without your best defensive midfielder....(Samu) and coming out with a 1-0-1 record is outstanding.

It was very nice to see Captain Carlo Ritaccio in uniform.   When Carlo comes back, the zips great depth will become even stronger

Mailik Henry was a beast in the 2nd overtime.  Great coaching decision by Jared to have Malik rested so he could run at tired legs in overtime

Very proud of the Zips.    playing preseason 2 and 3 in the 3rd week of the season..........great , great week for the Zips,

This young team will continue to gel

• Like 6

https://www.idsnews.com/article/2021/09/no-9-indiana-mens-soccer-takes-overtime-draw-against-no-16-akron

Almost 3,400 fans packed into FirstEnergy Stadium, the largest crowd Indiana has seen this season. 

“That was an excellent college soccer game. Quality from both sides,” Indiana head coach Todd Yeagley said after the match. “This was a tough environment to play in and we are happy to walk away with a point. Of course, we wanted to get three points, but we are happy with the result.”

I thought both goalkeepers were great tonight. Meyer had two or three phenomenal saves,” Yeagley said. “The save he made in overtime on the shot from Vic, that was phenomenal. Like I said, that was a well-played college soccer match.”