Boogie Knight

Zippy1986

1 hour ago, Zippy1986 said:

I find it a bit interesting that Boogie, having played for Arth and Bowden,  left Akron where he would have played a lot for a team in its third year of rebuild to play for a team and coach in its first year. 

4 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

I find it a bit interesting that Boogie, having played for Arth and Bowden,  left Akron where he would have played a lot for a team in its third year of rebuild to play for a team and coach in its first year. 

He would have played a lot at RB possibly, not at WR.

4 minutes ago, Zippy1986 said:

Was he able to play immediately because of COVID year? Are there any other 2020 starters who transferred? How are they playing? 

Boogie looked very good in the game against Kentucky. No splash plays but made really good catches in decent coverage.

Abraham Alce and Jordan Riley are both with Boogie at ULM. 

Alce had a couple touches as a short yardage back.

I don't recall if Riley got in the game or not.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zippy1986 said:

Was he able to play immediately because of COVID year? Are there any other 2020 starters who transferred? How are they playing? 

Boogie was not a starter in 2020. He was a back up RB. Boogie is a nice player who I'm sure will have a nice year at ULM, but the fact is Mathison is much better than him in the slot. Cross might have been a starter...unsure where he is (if anywhere). Stewart I believe transferred to an FCS school. No idea how he's doing.

Edited by LZIp

51 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Boogie was not a starter in 2020. He was a back up RB. Boogie is a nice player who I'm sure will have a nice year at ULM, but the fact is Mathison is much better than him in the slot. Cross might have been a starter...unsure where he is (if anywhere). Stewart I believe transferred to an FCS school. No idea how he's doing.

We will see. The SBC is a more competitive conference right now, so we will see whether he didn't have the talent to compete at Akron or if the problem was Akron.

15 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

We will see. The SBC is a more competitive conference right now, so we will see whether he didn't have the talent to compete at Akron or if the problem was Akron.

I’m thinking the same thinking. That is why I was wondering where the other transfers went. I’m pretty sure all 4 starting WRs from 2019 / 2020 transferred. It looks like Childs is off to a strong start with Montana at RB. (They upset #20 Washington week 1). 

Boogie did stand out in box score against Kentucky. 

10 hours ago, Zippy1986 said:

I’m thinking the same thinking. That is why I was wondering where the other transfers went. I’m pretty sure all 4 starting WRs from 2019 / 2020 transferred. It looks like Childs is off to a strong start with Montana at RB. (They upset #20 Washington week 1). 

Boogie did stand out in box score against Kentucky. 

You're right about Childs.  It looks as if he's their #2 RB.  Against Washington (his first game as a Grizzly) he had 9 rushes for 39 yards (4.33 average).  

His transfer was, to me, the most unexpected, surprising transfer I've ever seen.  His senior year in HS he chose us over Kansas State, and on social media was 100% all Zips up to his eyeballs.  I thought he'd be a team captain by the time he was a junior.  Then he got to campus for summer training/fall camp, and transferred out before the season even began (IIRC).  Totally weird.  But following him on social media he really seems positive and level headed; not at all flaky; a future Mr. President type of young man.  (Much like LePear Toles, if you're at all familiar with his social media presence.)  Big red flag for the UA staff?  I still don't know what to make of it, as he seems to be precisely the type of athlete/person the current staff is targeting, and there are other positive, mature, true student-athletes on the team who seem to be loving it (e.g., Snowden).

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 2

"Junior inside receiver Boogie Knight leads the Sun Belt Conference and ranks tied for 30th in the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision, averaging 6.0 receptions per game. The 5-foot-10, 191-pound Knight leads the Warhawks in receptions (12), receiving yards (137) and yards after catch (36). Seven of his 12 catches have resulted in a first down (58 percent). He also has four receptions of 15 or more yards."

13 hours ago, zippyfan34 said:

So close from not hearing from zipsoutsider this week  Their game against an FCS school was much closer than ours albeit against a little better school.

Jackson State has more four star athletes than either ULM or Akron.

If you take solace in Akron being slightly better (although unproven) three years into a rebuild than a team that had not won a game since November of 2019 in year one of a rebuild, than your bar is far too low.

Edited by zipsoutsider

15 hours ago, zippyfan34 said:

So close from not hearing from zipsoutsider this week  Their game against an FCS school was much closer than ours albeit against a little better school.

I don’t think Akron could compete with Jackson State. They have G5 talent at the FCS level. Thankfully they don’t have them scheduled. 

Article on Coach Prime and the talent he has at Jackson State.. His defense is made up of power 5 transfers. Within the next year or two they’ll be competing with power 5s

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.clarionledger.com/amp/8127200002

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Zippy1986 said:

I don’t think Akron could compete with Jackson State. They have G5 talent at the FCS level. Thankfully they don’t have them scheduled. 

Article on Coach Prime and the talent he has at Jackson State.. His defense is made up of power 5 transfers. Within the next year or two they’ll be competing with power 5s

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.clarionledger.com/amp/8127200002

The similarities of the newcomers to Jackson State and the Zips is uncanny.

4 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

The similarities of the newcomers to Jackson State and the Zips is uncanny.

Please explain the similarities.  I do not see it so I need an explanation so that I can understand your point.  Akron does not have near the number of 4 star players.  The only similarity that I see is that both teams have a former NFL player as a head coach.

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Here is a link to the UL of M message board for those who want to talk about them and their players.

https://ulm.forums.rivals.com/forums/warhawk-insider-site-subscribers-only.12/

Get over it. He's a former Zip and we usually talk about former Zips. No one's making you read the thread.

Edited by zipsoutsider