Game 4- OSU

clarkwgriswold

2 hours ago, GP1 said:

They had an entire InfoCision Stadium worth of empty seat Saturday. Might be a good opportunity to get some good tickets at a cheap price on the secondary market. 

Yes, but that was against lowly Tulsa.

Now you're talking the Zips coming to town.

The scalpers are going to have a hay day as folks scramble to get their hands on tickets to watch the Battle of Ohio in person.

Zips by 14.

47 minutes ago, John Ward said:

My guess is Larry Johnson will have some tricks up his sleeve. Our young O line will see stunts like never before.Most likely a lot of confusion. 

Is it confusion like "wow, they're making our lives tough?"

Or is it confusion like yesterday's Browns game, where "why did Houston decline the penalty to get to 4th and 2 and then punt?"

Is Norrils banged up, or did he get benched for fumbling on the goal line?

Ant Williams is not as thick as I thought he'd be.  I was expecting a downhill runner that'd be wearing LB's out come the 4th quarter.  On the other hand, he's faster and shiftier than I was expecting.  Wasn't he advertised as a 215 lb. RB?  He's 195.  I may be getting him confused w/ Boateng.

I pray Norrils isn't banged up, or we've gone from having an envious stable of RB's (Dollard, Norrils, Ant), to one scholarship RB (Ant).

7 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Is Norrils banged up, or did he get benched for fumbling on the goal line?

Ant Williams is not as thick as I thought he'd be.  I was expecting a downhill runner that'd be wearing LB's out come the 4th quarter.  On the other hand, he's faster and shiftier than I was expecting.  Wasn't he advertised as a 215 lb. RB?  He's 195.  I may be getting him confused w/ Boateng.

I pray Norrils isn't banged up, or we've gone from having an envious stable of RB's (Dollard, Norrils, Ant), to one scholarship RB (Ant).

I rewatched the game and think he might have just been benched. I thought I saw him go into the medical tent after the fumble at the game, though.  You are also forgetting Gest. We have not had good luck at the RB position in general at all. Just when you think we have it fixed....

Side topic, but I sure wish we knew what happened to SL McCall. He was reportedly a standout on defense during spring ball. We sure could use him on the DL.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I rewatched the game and think he might have just been benched. I thought I saw him go into the medical tent after the fumble at the game, though.  You are also forgetting Gest. We have not had good luck at the RB position in general at all. Just when you think we have it fixed....

Side topic, but I sure wish we knew what happened to SL McCall. He was reportedly a standout on defense during spring ball. We sure could use him on the DL.

LZip, Im with you on this. Seems like some of the young men that balled out in the spring are none existent now. Does Arth just give up on these guys and try something else every 30 days?

Irons unsurprisingly named MAC East offensive player of the week. East/West Special Teams POTW were punters from Ohio and Ball State, who were both blown out by G5 nonconference opponents. If that doesn't tell you how bad this league has become, I don't know what will. 

Also, former Zip punter Jonah Wieland won those honors for the Bobcats. I had no idea he transferred to Ohio, and I have no idea why Ohio needed a punter who averaged 37.7 yards per punt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1