Zips traveling to Tennessee in 2022

LZIp

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 6:31 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

I saw that Tennessee dumped Army from the schedule to take on the Zips.

Some of their fans were unhappy that they made the switch, but apparently the Vols were looking to add a sure W to their schedule.

Given what has been happening to the Zips roster, I wonder how they are feeling about that now?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zipmeister said:

Some of their fans were unhappy that they made the switch, but apparently the Vols were looking to add a sure W to their schedule.

Given what has been happening to the Zips roster, I wonder how they are feeling about that now?

I'd imagine the coaching staff was the first "Oh 💩" moment for the Vols. The roster now just adds to that. Army is undoubtedtly less talented than our current roster, as they are most rosters they face, but what they typically have over most schools is their coaching staff and discipline. That gap is largely narrowed vs our current staff, if not completely reversed. So now Tennessee is taking on a more talented, and potentially more disciplined team. That's a recipe for an upset or sphincter-tightening W. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 11:45 AM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I'd imagine the coaching staff was the first "Oh 💩" moment for the Vols. The roster now just adds to that. Army is undoubtedtly less talented than our current roster, as they are most rosters they face, but what they typically have over most schools is their coaching staff and discipline. That gap is largely narrowed vs our current staff, if not completely reversed. So now Tennessee is taking on a more talented, and potentially more disciplined team. That's a recipe for an upset or sphincter-tightening W. 

Give me a break man.  I'm optimistic for the future of Zips football, but we are going to be nowhere near ready to compete with a team like Army next year, much less Tennessee.  This is a process. We'll be lucky to approach .500 in MAC play next year. Get back down to earth and let the new staff build the program.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, InTheZone said:

Give me a break man.  I'm optimistic for the future of Zips football, but we are going to be nowhere near ready to compete with a team like Army next year, much less Tennessee.  This is a process. We'll be lucky to approach .500 in MAC play next year. Get back down to earth and let the new staff build the program.

I’m not predicting anything but NIU went from last to 1st & I believe we have had a better off season then they did.  Nothing in the MAC East scares me.  Ford Field is a possibility 🤷🏻‍♂️

56 minutes ago, InTheZone said:

JoeMo doesn't go .500, let alone below. JoeMo wins. 

I expect a winner this fall. I'm not saying we're going 12-0, but there are only 2 position groups on this entire team that aren't filled with P5 transfers - QB & LB. I expect that to change for at least LB. Our entire staff is P5. Size wise, talent wise, and coaching wise, we are at a winning level. Whether or not we are able to execute yet is to be seen, but I refuse to not acknowledge the amazing strides this program has taken in one off-season, especially when we were a few possessions away from winning multiple games last year. 

1 hour ago, InTheZone said:

So, I'm going to put you in the undecided camp.

UT’s offense can put up points in a hurry. It’s not a complicated offense, but they move very quickly and put a lot of pressure on the middle of the field - in particular the linebackers and safeties. If we’re not disciplined, the game could turn ugly in a hurry. 

If we can get through MSU, UT, and Liberty fairly healthy we should have a chance to win every game in the MAC. I’m not saying we will win every game, but with the influx of talent to the roster, I don’t see any reason why we won’t be competitive in every MAC game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

JoeMo doesn't go .500, let alone below. JoeMo wins. 

I expect a winner this fall. I'm not saying we're going 12-0, but there are only 2 position groups on this entire team that aren't filled with P5 transfers - QB & LB. I expect that to change for at least LB. 

Didn't Boateng transfer from Michigan State, and he was a stud.  I also see Hanna as a transfer from Boston College on the roster.  But I agree, this group will be weak after Bubba and Boateng.  Need multiple reinforcements for next year and the following years.    

I have posted multiple times that we need to bring in 5th year QB for the Zips to be successful in 2022.  

5 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Didn't Boateng transfer from Michigan State, and he was a stud.  I also see Hanna as a transfer from Boston College on the roster.  But I agree, this group will be weak after Bubba and Boateng.  Need multiple reinforcements for next year and the following years.    

I have posted multiple times that we need to bring in 5th year QB for the Zips to be successful in 2022.  

Completely forgot about Boateng. Good call. Aside from Bubba, I've really written off most Arth players as FCS caliber at best. Boateng is certainly a stud and makes me feel better. Him, Terry(?) from Buffalo, and Arslenian are actually a nice group. Would like one more, though. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zip JD said:

I have always heard Knoxville is a great game day experience.  Has anybody been to Spartan Stadium?  thx

I've driven by MSU. It's a soulless stadium on a soulless campus. 

• Like 1