Yale Bulldogs

The Yale Bulldogs come into Saturday's match up with a 3-2-0 record.

on Tuesday night, Yale had an impressive 2-0 win over ACC team Boston College (BC had played Notre Dame to a 1-1 tie earlier in the year)

Yale started their season with a 3-2 road win over Fairfield

In their 2nd game, they traveled to Villanova and Villanova was a 2-1 winner  (Villanova is 5-2 this year and has a winner over Marquette)

In their first home match, Yale defeated U Mass Lowell 4-1

their 4th match was at UConn ...and UConn was a 4-0 winner

The Yale coach was understandably very happy with his team with their win this week over a 2019 NCAA soccer team (Boston College)

https://yalebulldogs.com/news/2021/9/21/mens-soccer-bulldogs-blank-boston-college-2-0.aspx

The Yale-BC game was a rematch of the 2019 first round NCAA Tournament game won by BC in Chestnut Hill, Mass.

"This is a great result for the program, and I'm really happy for the current guys, as well as the guys from the 2019 team that would have loved to be back for this one," said Kylie Stannard, the 5K Corral Head Coach of the Bulldogs. "We challenged the guys to respond after a disappointing performance last week [4-0 loss at UConn] and they absolutely stepped up and we couldn't ask for much more. We needed to get back to being difficult to play against, and we absolutely did that tonight.  I am especially happy with the shutout tonight and our guys did well to dig in for the last few minutes."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigzipguy said:

did anyone watch the game ,? I was just following on sidearm stats. Did they look alright ? ONly 1 goal

Very sparse but enthusiastic crowd.  Zips could not finish.  Again.  Dyson Clapier's heroic individual effort made the difference.

Ryan Kingsford dropping back into midfield (playing the #10) noticeably helped the linkage into offense.  

But Zips are still not firing on all cylinders.  Too many defensive errors!  It will likely take an effort better than any yet this season to defeat West Virginia in Morgantown.

• Like 1

I 'll admit I was one switching back-and-forth from futbol to football although I saw the whole 1st half .  Although the Zips couldn't find the net I was reminded a bit about the "death by a 1000 passes" as they were dominating possession and were much more precise but again unlucky. Best chance came after only a few minutes of play when Shook found himself on the end of a Henry cross staring down the keeper but blasted it way over the bar. Didn't get to see the winner by DC but now it's back on the road where they need to play like home.

What I see seems to be a young team lacking the confidence and fire we saw prior to the game at blOSU. I don’t understand what happened…lineup changes because of player unavailability hurting the team dynamic?

As someone previously noted in an earlier thread, our back line looks stronger with Daniel Strachan. He was unavailable last night. I’m unsure of the midfield issue. I did like seeing Ryan Kingsford drop back. Good ball control and good ability to win 50/50 balls.