Game 5--Ohio U

LoyalZIP

22 hours ago, ZippityDoDah said:

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”  Can someone please tell that to the guy calling the plays!!  We have a slew of guys out including Irons this week.  So looks like Gibson will get the start, not sure if Cato is healthy enough to come back yet.  Our receivers were really disappointing against OSU and why were we continuing to try to run the ball up the middle. I was very impressed with Hester, undersized but just kept working.  If the starting receivers don't want to make plays then start giving the 2nd and 3rd string guys a chance.  If we don't pull out a win this week, one of our few chances this year, going to be a long season and I will take BGSU by 14.

It's high time to give players who are eager to fight a chance. The main thing is that they can do something on the field.

On 9/28/2021 at 8:40 PM, dre22era said:

So UA sends me an email about Homecoming and then only has nosebleed tickets available 

Ooooooook

Screen-Shot-2021-09-28-at-8-26-04-PM

Please complaining about a non-issue. My GA ticket gets me a seat on the 50, as B & G, has sid. The U has no money for ushers and even when they did have some you could roam to any seat you wanted. Akron is glad you can do this and they do not want to disrupt your game experience. They also are not going to put in writing that you are free to roam. So go, have a beer and a dog and cheer UA to a win. It may be our last chance of the year.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

Please complaining about a non-issue. My GA ticket gets me a seat on the 50, as B & G, has sid. The U has no money for ushers and even when they did have some you could roam to any seat you wanted. Akron is glad you can do this and they do not want to disrupt your game experience. They also are not going to put in writing that you are free to roam. So go, have a beer and a dog and cheer UA to a win. It may be our last chance of the year.

Its BS marketing which you and others are tone deaf to

Folks like me traveling from out of state want to know they have a guaranteed premium seat and have absolutely no issue paying for it. 

Example: Kent State vs Akron Basketball Game on Romeo Travis retirement night Bought a ticket at half court 3 rows up from the scorers table. Price was not an issue as I was driving in from Maryland in a damn snow storm and wanted to know I had a guaranteed seat in a section I desired to be in. 
Not making ANY of the premium seating sections available for single game purchase especially on Homecoming while those same sections are being advertised as season tickets no one is going to buy is BS and lost $$$ down the drain. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dre22era said:

Its BS marketing which you and others are tone deaf to

Folks like me traveling from out of state want to know they have a guaranteed premium seat and have absolutely no issue paying for it. 

Example: Kent State vs Akron Basketball Game on Romeo Travis retirement night Bought a ticket at half court 3 rows up from the scorers table. Price was not an issue as I was driving in from Maryland in a damn snow storm and wanted to know I had a guaranteed seat in a section I desired to be in. 
Not making ANY of the premium seating sections available for single game purchase especially on Homecoming while those same sections are being advertised as season tickets no one is going to buy is BS and lost $$$ down the drain. 

Give Adam a call at the ticket office. I'm sure he can help you get the seats you are looking for. 

1-888-992-5766

• Like 2

If Irons is out, we're in bad shape...I see no chance to win. 

I see this one as similar to the epic UA/UMass game of two years ago.

OU has turned the ball over 5 times in 3 games. Their kicker is 3-7 on the season. They rack up 60 yards in penalties per game. So they have the ability to keep the Zips in the game.

I hope the Zips win. I'll have a nice 12-person tailgate in Lot 9, and it would be nice if the Zips put on a good show for them. But...

OU 31 Akron 27

Our OL and DL are just sooo porous...

If there are 3+ turnover pencil sightings, the Zips could pull it off. That's what it would take.

Nice article by GT.  

Extremely impressive, mature quotes from Kato.  He's beginning to sound like a future coach.

But... all the players' quotes are from Kato; none from Irons.  So... yeah,  gotta think Arth didn't make Irons available to the media due to him probably not going to be able to go today.

Sh!t 😕

If we lose today...  this is a must win game

tenor-10044018.gif