Game 5--Ohio U

LoyalZIP

Outcoached.

We were the better team, OU made adjustments, and we looked like crap the rest of the way. Injuries or not, this game should've been ours. 

The amount of times we put the ball on the ground in a game is alarming. That's basic fundamentals that starts with an emphasis from the coaches. 

• Like 1

Just now, LoyalZIP said:

Pardon my math, it may be 4. One each by the previous two staffs and two by this one. Thinking off the top of my head. Just dejected and disappointed. 

Yes I forgot that 2011 was Ianello. 2011 1-11, 2021 1-11. Goodness That's a decade anniversary I would have prefered to miss.

Sure, there were some screw ups on the field that couldn't be helped, but the Zips last possession before half proved to me that this was amateur hour.

At this point, we go to the football games out of obligation.

It's time to end this bad relationship with Arth.  That's what it is:  a bad relationship.  We keep giving him a second chance and taking him back but now I just can't stand to look at him.

And President Miller obviously knew what he was doing in canning Larry Williams.

42 days until basketball season.

That game was definitely the nail in the coffin for me.  Barring a complete turnaround, they must buy out Arth and go in another direction.  Zero results in year three and not much talent in the pipeline.  Normally, one would be concerned with talent leaving the program with s departing coach.  Not much there to worry about.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

At this point, I know Guthrie has seen enough. As for the buyout in this climate? Boy that’s a tough situation for a brand new, new-to-football AD. 

Guthrie has two options in my opinion...

1) Stay the course with the program, but bite the bullet on the finances and fire Arth, in hopes of the next coach actually turning this program around to a respectable, profitable level. The issue here is: you can't miss again.

2) Become P5 prostitutes. Ditch the MAC, find one P5 school a week to pay you $1M to whoop your butt, tell recruits they'll get to showcase themselves weekly against P5 schools, and get right financially. Play them enough, and you might actually win one or two games here and there, especially with the possible increase in talent if higher-level recruits like the idea of playing against P5 schools. Heck, you could even sell the idea to YouTube or something to get a media deal out of it. Not sure how the contracts work with other conferences, but I'm sure some sort of media outlet would like to show weekly P5 football on their platform. 

Dropping the football program altogether isn't an option, dropping to FCS isn't an option, and we can't stay on this path of digging ourselves deeper into debt. Stay the course and get it right, or turn heads and make headlines by adapting to the ever-changing college athletics landscape. Regardless, staying in a state of not being able to make necessary changes for improvement is not a viable option.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94