Attendance tonight

Z-P

Attendance was around 9,000-11,000 tonight. Most fans were funneled to the general seating section due to them getting a $5.00 discounted ticket (1 can of food promo with Giant Eagle). The reserved seating couldn't have been more than 2,500 or so. Zips were lethargic and once again had a number of crucial penalties. A real anti-climactic way to end the season. Game was so bad that many folks were demanding the return of their donated wax beans.

mcperp....love your comment about people asking for returns on their waxbeans. That's hilarious. Folks, please guess wisely. The bowl holds about 34,000. With 5 sections closed in the horseshoe end, that cuts it to about 20,000-25,000 capacity. So, if you say that you think there was about 10,000, you would be assuming that about half of the other seats were filled. And that's really an incredible stretch. The student sections were about 10% full. I sit in the 40 to 40 yard line reserved section, and that was about maybe 20% full at best. I would grant you that it was one of the better crowds of the season. But, I know the rubber bowl, and I will honestly tell you that there was not any more than 5,000 there.

Skip-Zip, I was there and that was more than 5k in the stands. My guess would be in the 10-12k range of actual bodies in seats. All those empty seats in the reserved sections are probably sold to corporations and are counted towards attendance. Iv'e been sitting in that section for 36 years and its always been like that.

The general admission side was full, but scattered, if you can invision that.I'm glad the ESPN cameras were pointed that way...made the game look pretty well attended.I will agree the reserved side was not that full...3,500 at the most.It is so difficult to guess with the end zone closed, but I would say about 11,000...13,000 at the very most.Box score attendance is obviously "paid" not "showed."Beautiful weather. Tailgate lot was well attended...I'd say a little more than usual.Got a little chilly when the sun went down with the Zips!

I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance! Friday afternoon at 3:30 is an awfully odd time for a football game. But the weather was beautiful! Hard to imagine the Blizzard Bowl of last Thanksgiving! The weather is so unpredictable around here! But I would guess there were between 8 - 10K in attendance. Again, with both a winning team and a new stadium as attractions, I'll bet we could easily average between 25 - 35K. But with last nights' absolutely pathetic offensive performance, a winning team seems farther off than the new stadium!!!

I guess it really is hard to put a finger on a number after all. I'm just thinking that, with the 5 closed end zone sections, that only leaves about 20-25 thousand available. So, if the rest of the place is half full, you'd have 10-12 thousand. And several sections (like the student sections) had very few people in them.I may sometimes guess a bit low because of my frustration over the community involvement, and the lack of a good marketing effort. I've sat in the home reserved section for over 20 years, and it's still very dissappointing to look around and see so many empty seats. Yes, I know they are sold, but I wish more people would come.

Folks,  please guess wisely.  The bowl holds about 34,000.  With 5 sections closed in the horseshoe end, that cuts it to about 20,000-25,000 capacity.
I keep hearing this 34,000 figure (give or take a few hundred), and every time I shake my head and ask where that number comes from. I've made this comment before, so this will hopefully be the last time -- but where did the other ten thousand or so seats disappear to, that were there during my youth in Summit County?The Acme-Zip and Cleveland Browns attendance records show that over thirty-five thousand have been in the Bowl a couple dozen times, and several times I attended games where the announced attendance was more than 38k, and there were clearly open sections in the end zone. Were they lying about the attendance all those years? Did the house shrink? Somebody tell me. An old fart's gotta know. :unsure:

Hey Zips fans I come in peace! Don't take my comments person if they go a little over the top.....I was wondering what is up with this attendance issue with Akron and Can't when Youngstown State is getting 16,000 a game over the last 9 years. In our playoff game this past Saturday on ESPN2, it was announced we had 11,000; but for the first time in forever, that number was low! There was over 16000 at the game as all the pictures and videos show, for some reason the NCAA never added the gameday walkup tix?Why not an Akron vs. YSU or Can't vs. YSU series????I know at Youngstown, that game would sell out easily and have over 21,000; but is it safe to say the same at the Rubber Bowl or at Dix Stadium???Here are a few pictures of YSU Stambaugh---in case you haven't seen it before, it's one of the finest Division 1-AA Facilities in the USA!normal_DSCN2059.jpg-102106mp_uni_youngstown_24.jpg

Akron used to play Youngstown, I actually was apart of one of those teams. A Tessel coached team kicked our rears too!! I still don't know why you guys haven't decided to make that jump to Division 1A. Marshall, NIU, Akron, Middle Tenn, all have and all of them have been to bowl games. So on some level we all have had some success at the highest level of college football.

Maybe Akron and Can't didn't vote in favor of you joining the MAC, but it wasn't anything personal.NE Ohio, and Ohio for that matter is already MAC saturated. The last thing they wanted to do was admit another school from NE Ohio.I wasn't that thrilled with Buffalo either, but the logic was to admit a new market to the conference. It had nothing to do with the quality of YSU's program.The same line of thinking went toward voting in Temple...unfortunately...in football only.I wish the MAC would make a rule...all sports or nothing.

I bet now you guys would've wish they had switched that vote. YSU at any Akron and Can't game would be the biggest attendance for each team that year.I know YSU vs. Can't was their highest attended game in 03 and 00 I think!YSU vs. Akron--Another big crowd.Now I know YSU would sell out with these 2 games, and we'd bring 5-7,000 to Akron or Can't for a game... but would it sell out there?

I bet now you guys would've wish they had switched that vote. YSU at any Akron and Can't game would be the biggest attendance for each team that year.I know YSU vs. Can't was their highest attended game in 03 and 00 I think!YSU vs. Akron--Another big crowd.Now I know YSU would sell out with these 2 games, and we'd bring 5-7,000 to Akron or Can't for a game... but would it sell out there?
Oh, I don't know...I don't think if Youngstown was on the sked if it would be the most attended home game.Any attraction YSU had with Akron fans has expired.I don't think you can rekindle that one.Do I wish Akron had that vote back? Not really.