Game 6- BG

clarkwgriswold

1 hour ago, Zippyroo said:

Sarcasm doesn't prove your point....quite the opposite. 

It isn’t sarcasm. It’s truth.

Keep hoping the Zips straw turns to gold. I hope you’re right. 

But I see nothing that portends anything but a team that is too small, too slow and  too unathletic to win more than 1 or 2 games in year FOUR of Arth’s tenure. Winning 1 in year #3 is etched in stone. This gives him a total of 3-4 wins over 4 years. Is that what he sold Larry Williams on when he was hired?

Bowden took over worse. Owens took over worse. And both those guys year # 4 blows away where we’ll be at the end of 2022. 

Arth has grossly underestimated the talent level needed to compete in the MAC. And if we have only 2 wins to show for his efforts after 3 seasons, it is unprecedented that people would say he merits a 4th year. We’re 12th in the MAC, and it is unbelievable how much we’d need to improve just to move to the 11th slot. 

Paying off an underperforming coach’s last 2 years is a cost of doing business in big boy football. If we finish 2021 with 1 FCS win, it is time to move on. Cuz we ain’t winning more than 1 game in 2022 if he stays. 

Show me anything other than hope that portends anything different.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Arth has grossly underestimated the talent level needed to compete in the MAC. 

I come at this from a different angle. He and his staff aren't taken seriously enough by high school coaches so they aren't able to get enough good players. He has to know the talent isn't good enough. He's incapable of doing anything about it. 

On field coaching is the most overrated thing in college sports. It's all about getting good players. He isn't getting them. 

If the next question isn't asked during the next interview process, everyone should be fired. Can you tell me about successes you have had improving your team's talent through recruiting?  I bet John Hunter at Wake Forest could easily answer this question. He was a stud recruiter for Clawson at BGSU and has continued in that role at Wake. He is from Detroit. He is the RBs coach and has recruited such a stable of players that their best RB from last year transferred to Michigan State and he has three guys behind him just as good. They have not missed a beat. For years I have been tired of hearing about process and have been looking for results. We need someone who has produced results everywhere he has been throughout his programs. Maybe a guy like Hunter isn't achievable, but there a guys like him out there. 

Just now, RowdyZip said:

Wasted timeout on a field goal because of incorrect personnel on the field. Poor coaching, no talent. I'm everything bit as pessimistic about this program as I was during the Rob "Rocknes Menu Pants" Ianello years. 

It's mind blowing how often this happens with this clown. At least twice a game. So unprepared. So amateurish. So pathetic.