Game 6- BG

clarkwgriswold

2 hours ago, MDZip said:

If all three QBs are healthy next week who starts?

The one that made the bus - Gibson!

(I'm a fan of Irons as well but my answer is still Gibson. Tired of the run-pass option. Prefer Gibson's style of play.)

Edited by GoZips88

No matter how pathetic BG is, man I am PROUD of this team. The goal line stand early gave them life when things seemed to be heading for the tipping point. And obviously Gibson was a tremendous shot in the arm. They played hard and motivated when they got down, maybe the coach speak is paying off?? Ha! 

This is a sign of life. It should be at least the third win of the season, but we'll take this all day long. When you play with swagger and confidence, you have a chance. As coach Lasso says, "Believe." Let's celebrate, Zips fans!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoZips88 said:

Was going to post something similar 'North-South.' A LOT of yards North-South. Nice job Hester.

Walk On, give that young man a scholarship and take away one from the ones that have them and are watching the walk on pull the wagon.Who is in charge of evaluating talent here?Cause I don’t get it.

• Like 1

After the OU debacle and everyone having them most likely finishing 1-11 (me included), this was great for the team.  They played hard and may have some life for the second half of the season.  This will be the best bus ride the team has had in at least 3 seasons.  Go Zips!

Edited by Zip JD
addition of Go Zips!
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

They have been moving the o-line around during game, wonder if grandma zip has noticed

Yes, she did! The the player I thought should have been benched was on it! I saw some flashes of good coaching: rotating in fresh players to give the coach's darlings a rest, giving the defense pause when a new number showed up; mixing things up so the defense wondered if the "new shirt" was there for a trick play. Just a few flashes, though. Why in hades were they still running #18 with a 15 point lead in the last 2 minutes!!! When the game was in hand, the coaches should have been mining for another diamond in the rough. Get your starters out of there so no injuries occur.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GoZips88 said:

I know it's the American football thread but Akron men's soccer plays tonight at home at 7p against George State (new to MAC soccer this year). Go Zips!

I plan on just doing that.  Never been before...

1 hour ago, GoZips88 said:

I know it's the American football thread but Akron men's soccer plays tonight at home at 7p against George State (new to MAC soccer this year). Go Zips!

I know Eastern Michigan is no George State, but the lady Zips are hosting EMU (not new to MAC soccer this year) tomorrow at 1p.

31 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I wasn’t able to see most of the game, but man we’re the parts I was able to see fun!  That goal line stand in the 1st quarter was HUGE!!!

Gibson was on fire, and as I mentioned before, I think Mumpfield is the best true freshman Zips WR since David Harvey!

I remember Gibson coming in during the UMass game two years ago.  I also remember Joe Dunn (FWIW) saying during that game how awesome Gibson was.  Why did he go back on the bench?

31 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I was on the road all day.  Looks like someone saved their job today.

I'll admit that I thought they were done.  To Arth's credit, it can't be easy to motivate a team that has had the Zips record but he obviously pulled it off today.

... or did Gibson's play motivate this team? I realize the goal line stand was there in the 1st quarter but both sides of the ball looked different 2nd half.

Edited by GoZips88
  • Like 1

first half of this thread vs the 2nd is something else.

How much do Ohio HS "respect" Loeffler @GP1? Because Arth sure owns his a$$!! WIll take some time to rewatch the game and post more thoughts in the coming days. Enjoying victory Saturday 

Edited by LZIp

Like most, I went into this game not expecting much.  Being down 13-0 didn't help.  From that point, this team looked different and started to make plays - on both side of the ball.  I know this is only our second win, but it is amazing how much better I feel coming out of this game.  I don't know if we will any more games, but if we play like we did today, we can be competitive in most of them.  That would be a big step in the right direction.

30 minutes ago, LZIp said:

first half of this thread vs the 2nd is something else.

How much do Ohio HS "respect" Loeffler @GP1? Because Arth sure owns his a$$!! WIll take some time to rewatch the game and post more thoughts in the coming days. Enjoying victory Saturday 

They had to win. I can't recall the last game the Zips had 3 more takeaways than the opposition and lost. You can even beat a Big Ten team with that kind of turnover margin.