2021-2022 Zips Women's Basketball

Thanks for posting something on women's basketball.  I got into watching the team last year more than in the past, because the games were all streamed and during the daytime hours due to CoVid restrictions.  I wish them well this year, but they have to find a way to spread the offense around more than just try to let Jordyn Dawson isolate, she tried too hard and lots of times took it on herself rather than try to get her teammates involved.  Would love to see the coaching staff get her "selfishness" out of her.  Just my opinion, but she didn't seem to be the go-to scorer, just the go-to shooter.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Looking forward to this year. Freshmen class seems very talented and the transfer point guard from Detroit is a good get. I agree Dawson tried to do too much last year. Other seniors need to step it up. 

This should be the year this team finally breaks through and makes it to Cleveland. No excuses! I need to see some player development. Toward the end of last year, M. Neitzel and Layne Ferrell developed into key contributors to make a near disastrous season look a little bit better. Support this team!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

13 points and 9 rebounds for Jordyn Dawson as she leads Zips to blow out win over D-2 Slippery Rock.  All 13 who played for Akron scored, while team made 13 three-pointers.

https://gozips.com/news/2021/11/9/womens-basketball-balanced-attack-propels-zips-to-season-opening-win.aspx

Jordyn was fantastic last night.  She played as a leader, scoring and assisting, and boy did she, and the rest of the team look waay more fit than last year, slimmed down and had more quickness, IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Is the Irish gal still on the team?  Pandemic I imagine made it hard or impossible for her to get to Akron.  She would have been a true freshman last year -- don't think she was on campus.  Wonder if she can play.  6-2 Irish youth national team player.

Sabhbh Edwards Murphy is on the team.  She had ACL surgery during last year's season.  She is waiting for her surgeon in Akron to give her the ok for contact drills.  She participates already in non-contact portions of daily practices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1