2021-2022 Zips Women's Basketball

24 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Corcoran didn't play much and wasn't very effective when she was in. I'll bet that ankle is still bothering her. Good thing the rest of her team picked her up. 

I was incredibly surprised that she was playing.  That ankle was wrapped and she was on crutches not too many days ago.

Big start to the game for Ferrell to keep the team afloat, Bass with a big 3rd quarter, and Dawson closing it out. That was a big team win in terms of postseason play. With this young team, if they don't win this tournament and get that automatic bid into the NCAA tournament, I think the WNIT is a real possibility now and that would be huge for this young team if they don't win this whole thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hell of a gritty win, so proud of this program! Preseason season last to MAC POY and a dominant 2nd half to easily take the QF. I don’t think we match up well with Buffalo, as not only does Fair cancel out JD, but they have a whole brigade of players that dominate the boards and the post. I guess it’s just how it’s been all year, play like you’ve got nothing to lose. Go Zips!

8 hours ago, mes102 said:

Agreed. Hemphill, Camp, and Fair are a tough trio to try and outscore. If I recall correctly, at least Hemphill and Fair was on the Buffalo team that made it to the NCAA Sweet 16 a few years ago. 

Bulls beat Rutgers in NJ and lost by 12 to UConn in 2019, the year before Dyaisha arrived.  Hemphill was there (frosh I believe) and Cierra Dillard led the team w/25 ppg.

• Like 1

I had a very bad feeling going into this game, but once again coach Jackson's women wore down an opponent and defeated my doubt.  BGSU was lady year's MAC regular season champ and lost narrowly to CMU in the tournament title game.  Didn't they have most everyone back this year?  I expected Robyn Fralick to have her team more than ready to move on in Cleveland.  They were the better team for about the first 16-18 minutes of the game, but the Zips came out of the locker room in the 3rd with a winning mentality.  These players -- especially #25, the Player of the Year have GOT to maintain a chip on their shoulders on Friday.  If they do, I won't count them out!  BTW, I must admit, I also was afraid Dyaisha Fair was going to get the award after the way she played at the JAR last week.

7 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

I had a very bad feeling going into this game, but once again coach Jackson's women wore down an opponent and defeated my doubt.  BGSU was lady year's MAC regular season champ and lost narrowly to CMU in the tournament title game.  Didn't they have most everyone back this year?  I expected Robyn Fralick to have her team more than ready to move on in Cleveland.  They were the better team for about the first 16-18 minutes of the game, but the Zips came out of the locker room in the 3rd with a winning mentality.  These players -- especially #25, the Player of the Year have GOT to maintain a chip on their shoulders on Friday.  If they do, I won't count them out!  BTW, I must admit, I also was afraid Dyaisha Fair was going to get the award after the way she played at the JAR last week.

BG's best player, PG Lexi Fleming blew out her knee early in the season. I think that really set them back,  at least for a while.

Edited by ewbrooman1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Bulls beat Rutgers in NJ and lost by 12 to UConn in 2019, the year before Dyaisha arrived.  Hemphill was there (frosh I believe) and Cierra Dillard led the team w/25 ppg.

Thanks. Maybe I thought Fair was on that team because she reminded me so much of Cierra Dillard when it was Dillard that I obviously was thinking about. 

• Like 1

A win today for the Zips would shock me. Buffalo has everything they need to win a MAC title and win games in the NCAA tournament. They’re old, they’re extremely well coached, they’ve got an insanely good scoring guard, they’ve got some shooting, they’ve got post play, and depth. That said, the Zips always have a puncher’s chance if 25 is in the ball game. I’m proud of what this team has accomplished, so why not us?? Go Zips!

24 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

A win today for the Zips would shock me. Buffalo has everything they need to win a MAC title and win games in the NCAA tournament. They’re old, they’re extremely well coached, they’ve got an insanely good scoring guard, they’ve got some shooting, they’ve got post play, and depth. That said, the Zips always have a puncher’s chance if 25 is in the ball game. I’m proud of what this team has accomplished, so why not us?? Go Zips!

https://ubbulls.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/loren-christie/5863

Loren Christie reminds me of former Buffalo men's star Jeremy Harris: so incredibly smooth on the court,  Silent assassin.