2021-2022 Zips Women's Basketball

2 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

We have a (HS) State POY.  D2, Faith Stinson.

Glad to see it. She got co-player of the year in D2 by the Associated Press but having it by yourself by the Basketball Coaches Association holds more weight in my opinion.

If anyone has watched the women's NCAA tournament, Stinson has a similar playing style to Stanford's Cameron Brink in my opinion. Obviously not as talented or tall as Brink though. I'm excited to see how the incoming class does next season. 

• Like 1

Transfer Portal Update:

Found this blog that is keeping up with the women's basketball transfer portal. Here's the link to it:

Division I Transfer Portal

As for the Lady Zips, there are three in the transfer portal:

Lonasia Brewer --->  Toledo
Alanna Carter --->  
Kendall Miller --->  Marshall
Emma Tecca --->  Valparaiso

UPDATED: To include Kendall Miller and where everyone has landed so far

Edited by mes102

44 minutes ago, mes102 said:

Transfer Portal Update:

Found this blog that is keeping up with the women's basketball transfer portal. Here's the link to it:

Division I Transfer Portal

As for the Lady Zips, there are three in the transfer portal:

Lonasia Brewer
Alanna Carter
Emma Tecca

Alanna Carter surprises me. She was a R-freshman who was beginning to get some playing time.

7 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Alanna Carter surprises me. She was a R-freshman who was beginning to get some playing time.

If I recall correctly, Carter blew out a knee last year, so she was probably  going to start slow. Tecca looked like a promising shooter last year and they need somebody other than Martindale. Brewer was decent, but leveled off this year and was likely to lose playing time to the new bigs next year. Sorry to see them go. 

Edited by ewbrooman1

9 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

From off of the WBB Blog -- the best site BTW I've found for updated recruiting info -- We have a second 2023 commit.  Coach Jackson has always done a good job of reaching out and receiving commitments early.

Some pretty impressive highlights on Hudl. Excellent lefty ball handler. Looks like she played a lot of point guard or forward. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Ouch. Lonisia Brewer transferred to Toledo :(

Good for her, but she'll have to up her game to make a big impact for the Rockets. I seem to remember some pretty good bigs there already. I think Coach Jackson has the loss covered with the new girls coming in.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I see Emma Tecca ended up at Valparaiso.

I hate to see the local kids transfer out.  I think it is good for the program as a whole to have those kids.

Very strange to see the Hoban exodus, that's for sure. Tecca's brother-in-law and former Zip Will Fleming is the offensive coordinator at Valpo.

17 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Very strange to see the Hoban exodus, that's for sure. Tecca's brother-in-law and former Zip Will Fleming is the offensive coordinator at Valpo.

I can live with losing her 1.0 ppg. 

Valpo is competitively beneath the MAC. Looks like she made a good move.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mes102 said:

Thanks.  I tried posting that yesterday.  For some reason a problem with this board is that (often, though not always) after posting, a "ghost post" of your earlier post remains in the next screen preventing you from posting back-to-back.  I haven't figured out how to erase or delete that ghost.  Anyone else have this problem?

4 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

Thanks.  I tried posting that yesterday.  For some reason a problem with this board is that (often, though not always) after posting, a "ghost post" of your earlier post remains in the next screen preventing you from posting back-to-back.  I haven't figured out how to erase or delete that ghost.  Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I have had that happen a few times as well and thought maybe it was something I had done wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

Decommitted from Buffalo following Felicia's move to Cuse. Commits to coach Jackson & @ZipsWBB. 

Major correction.  We have our PG. She was Bulls' starter last season.  Appears to be her third transfer, as she spent a year at Troy and one at a JC.  Must have two remaining.  Still a good addition to the backcourt.

https://ubbulls.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/dominique--camp/5905

Edited by Z.I.P.

14 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Major correction.  We have our PG. She was Bulls' starter last season.  Appears to be her third transfer, as she spent a year at Troy and one at a JC.  Must have two remaining.  Still a good addition to the backcourt.

https://ubbulls.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/dominique--camp/5905

Junior College to D1, to another DI, to another DI after a coaching change at the last DI.

Unfortunate but acceptable career path to land at Akron. Great get.