2021-2022 Zips Women's Basketball

Great weekend to be a Zip.

Akron men and women sweep the Bobcats at the Convocation Center.

Similar endings.  Women up by 12 with a minute left.  Kittens get it down to 8, almost steal the ball on an inbounds play, then don't foul the Zips and let them run the clock down and make a shot AND get an offensive rebound before Ohio fouls.

• Like 2

Just now, NWAkron said:

Great weekend to be a Zip.

Akron men and women sweep the Bobcats at the Convocation Center.

Similar endings.  Women up by 12 with a minute left.  Kittens get it down to 8, almost steal the ball on an inbounds play, then don't foul the Zips and let them run the clock down and make a shot AND get an offensive rebound before Ohio fouls.

Great, gritty road win! Good prep for Cleveland. Nice sweep of the Bobkitties this weekend. 😀🦘🦘🧹

What a win! Without Bass and Dawson was also banged up. I can’t say it enough, the Zips are TOUGH. They may not be the most talented team in the league or the most consistent, but they fight. They could win the tournament if they play their best, they are deep and have a lot of weapons. Buffalo on Wednesday will be a huge test. Go Zips!

On 2/26/2022 at 3:26 PM, LoyalZIP said:

What a win! Without Bass and Dawson was also banged up. I can’t say it enough, the Zips are TOUGH. They may not be the most talented team in the league or the most consistent, but they fight. They could win the tournament if they play their best, they are deep and have a lot of weapons. Buffalo on Wednesday will be a huge test. Go Zips!

Considering their ticket is punched and pretty much set as a 3rd seed, I wonder if Coach Jackson will give Jordyn some rest these last two games.

2 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Considering their ticket is punched and pretty much set as a 3rd seed, I wonder if Coach Jackson will give Jordyn some rest these last two games.

Zips still only have a two game lead over NIU with two games left in reg season and they lost to NIU this year. Good news is NIU is at Toledo on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing Jordyn duel Dyaisha Fair on Wednesday.

Edited by ewbrooman1

Zips host the Bulls tonight. It could be a slugfest. I have a feeling this one with have some MAC POY implications, as Dawson and Fair face off as the two clear frontrunners. The Zips are pretty much locked into the three seed, unless they win these last two and get some help from BG on Saturday to have a chance at the 2. Either way, the Zips played two great games after their disappointing loss last Monday, and I hope that momentum keeps building. Go Zips!

Edited by LoyalZIP

Second Chance points have been big on both ends of the court. Buffalo gets a ton of offensive rebounds and converts them, and the few that the Zips have gotten have been a second miss. Also the young lady on Buffalo whose name is Loren Christie is making me nostalgic. Hope she marries someone with the last name of Jackson. 🤣😂

9 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Second Chance points have been big on both ends of the court. Buffalo gets a ton of offensive rebounds and converts them, and the few that the Zips have gotten have been a second miss. Also the young lady on Buffalo whose name is Loren Christie is making me nostalgic. Hope she marries someone with the last name of Jackson. 🤣😂

She's the one in full make up and eyelashes.  She is smooth out there.

9 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Nice to see the return of my favorite name in the MAC - Adebola Adeyeye. Oh to be a play by play announcer! 😄

😂😂

Im watching via ESPN+ and Reghi has obviously been practicing. It’s rolling off his tongue like it’s nothing. Lol. True pro 😂

• Like 1

That was really awful.  however, once Toledo pulled away from NIU, the Zips were guaranteed the 3rd seed because of they have the tiebreaker with Ball State.  When I left, she had Neitzel and some of the back ups in.  I think the Zips can win maybe one game in Cleveland but Buffalo and Toledo are the class of the MAC

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

That was really awful.  however, once Toledo pulled away from NIU, the Zips were guaranteed the 3rd seed because of they have the tiebreaker with Ball State.  When I left, she had Neitzel and some of the back ups in.  I think the Zips can win maybe one game in Cleveland but Buffalo and Toledo are the class of the MAC

14 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I stayed til the end. Buffalo is really experienced and just better than us and we have no chance when we play like that. I'll be happy with one win in Cleveland. It's a big leap from the past few years.

Not going to win many turning the ball over 26 times and missing probably 10 shots at the rim. On the bright side Jordyn Dawson should be MAC player of the year. Top-5 in the MAC in points, rebounds, assists, and steals. No one has had a greater impact on her team (a team that was predicted to finish in last place).