Game 1- West Virginia

The Zips head to Morgantown in just a little over three weeks for an exhibition game against our old friend Bob Huggins and his Mountaineers.  The Zips will face a lot of pressure against the Mountaineers in what should be a good early test to see what we have in this year's team.  Some have ranked WVU in the top 20 going into the season.

Here's a nice early preview of the Mountaineers-

https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/west-virginia-2022-preview

Love that this is our exhibition game. Press Virginia will challenge our backcourt, presenting an opportunity to be forged by fire before we head into CBus for a game that actually matters. Additionally, our front court is slightly bigger than WVU's, and I'm excited to see if we can take advantage inside. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Zips basketball in 2 days!

CAN I GET AN AMEN?

I scheduled something for Friday night then last night it dawned on me that the Zips play (I think on espn+).  Obviously, I promptly cancelled my other engagement.  Nothing comes before Zips basketball.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I scheduled something for Friday night then last night it dawned on me that the Zips play (I think on espn+).  Obviously, I promptly cancelled my other engagement.  Nothing comes before Zips basketball.

Unfortunately, I am going to be on the road.  That leaves the Zips success up to the rest of you!

23 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Correct. I had no idea this game will be televised. I'm even more pumped. 

image.png

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

Bigger question.  Why haven't we scheduled Evergreen State?

Perhaps the Akron schedule makers are afraid of the Geoducks. Although they did not play last season due to COVID, in 2019/20 they recorded a 3 and 23 record. Plus. their current roster includes two big men, both measuring in at 6'5". If we do decide to schedule them in the future PLEASE make sure it is a home game because anyone who enjoys fantastic scenery will never come back to Akron after they have been to the Olympia area.

• Like 1