Ga State

Kudos to the Georgia State coaching staff for their good management of their Thursday/Saturday game schedule on the road.

I think very highly of our coaching staff, but I hope they take a good look at their management of this one. Same starters tonight as Thursday. It was obvious that a number of them tired in the first half, but as I mentioned earlier, no subs, while GA St subbed in fresh legs. It appeared to me that fatigue led to the first goal. Once we fell behind, we were on our heels to catch up. Only one sub as I recall to start the 2nd half, and boom, we're down 2 goals and now really pressed to try to catch up. Nice goal to cut the deficit in half, but the urgency to get a tying goal then led to a stupid mistake and a 1-3 deficit.

Also, how have we become so unsuccessful on corner kicks?...very rarely scoring on them; at times, rushing them to the point that we completely waste the set piece opportunity with nothing even sent into the penalty area. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Also, how have we become so unsuccessful on corner kicks?...very rarely scoring on them; at times, rushing them to the point that we completely waste the set piece opportunity with nothing even sent into the penalty area. 

I don't know a lot about soccer, but even I can see this as well.  When the opponent lines up for a corner I'm a nervous wreck, but when we do likewise I never expect anything to come of it.