Class of '23 Offers & Verbal Commits

14 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

On my phone, but we got a verbal from a DB named Devonte Golden-Nelson out of Memphis. He also held an offer from Memphis πŸ’ͺ😎πŸ’ͺ

Β 

He is a transfer from Memphis. Redshirt Freshman. Multiple P5 offers out of high school, including South Carolina, Indiana, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Tennessee, etc., as he was rated the #78 CB in the country in his class.

Β 

Looks like we'll have him for 4 years.

Β 

https://gotigersgo.com/sports/football/roster/devonte-golden-nelson/9631

Β 

https://247sports.com/Player/Devonte-Nelson-46057678/TimelineEvents/

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Β 

He is a transfer from Memphis. Redshirt Freshman. Multiple P5 offers out of high school, including South Carolina, Indiana, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Tennessee, etc., as he was rated the #78 CB in the country in his class.

Β 

Looks like we'll have him for 4 years.

Β 

https://gotigersgo.com/sports/football/roster/devonte-golden-nelson/9631

Β 

https://247sports.com/Player/Devonte-Nelson-46057678/TimelineEvents/

Excellent! Β I'll add him to the Roo Crew '22 list.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I’m on my phone but we just got a commitment from a NY WR named Jean Louis III. From Canarsie HS.

Β 

5'10" 165 lbs. He had offers from CMU, BG, UMASS, and Temple. Looks like there might been some P5 interest early on, but no offers. His Twitter says he's the #1 WR in NY. I would imagine he has a connection with Ferri - Cuse was interested.

• Thanks 2

Looks like a good pickup.Β  I like it when there is interest from other schools.Β Β 

Β 

B&G, looks like you are getting tardy updating page 1 of the Verbal Commit lists for 22 and 23.Β 

I am just kiddingΒ Β πŸ™‚Β .Β  You do such a fantastic job for Zips Nation.Β  Thank you 100 times.

Go Zips!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Β 

5'10" 165 lbs. He had offers from CMU, BG, UMASS, and Temple. Looks like there might been some P5 interest early on, but no offers. His Twitter says he's the #1 WR in NY. I would imagine he has a connection with Ferri - Cuse was interested.

Β 

Nobody has informed 247 about his #1 ranking.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Β 

Found this when looking at Jean Louis's tweet.

Β 

Former Akron DE's Grandson Offered

If I looked at it correctly, this kid is going to be a freshman this fall.Β  (please comment if I am incorrect).Β  Already has offers from Eastern Kentucky and Georgia Tech.Β  This coaching staff is recruiting for years out like the elite P5 schools recruit.Β  Keep this staff together and the future is bright.Β  If I am correct, heΒ  needs to be the first listing in the Class of 26 offers.Β Β 

In Joe We Trust!!!

Edited by bigjim

49 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Β 

Per 247, no stars, only other offer is BGSU.Β  I googled his HUDL tapes, and it seems to show him as a RB for about half of the tape.Β  The rest of the tape as a CB is OK, but not impressive.Β  Here's to trusting the coaching staff.Β  Waiting for catdaddyp's analysis.Β Β 

Go Zips!!!

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Β 

Β 

Interesting. First of all, another NY guy. Second of all, after we offered him, he took unofficial visits to Washington and Oregon, two PAC12 schools. No offers from either, but as a Class of 2023, he could get additional interest despite his commitment to Akron. I wonder if he's a diamond in the rough; will be interesting to follow.Β 

28 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Β 

Interesting. First of all, another NY guy. Second of all, after we offered him, he took unofficial visits to Washington and Oregon, two PAC12 schools. No offers from either, but as a Class of 2023, he could get additional interest despite his commitment to Akron. I wonder if he's a diamond in the rough; will be interesting to follow.Β 

Wasn’t too long ago (even last year) we were signing guys with no other offers. I think his tape looks solid and the staff is off to a really solid start with this HS class. Think everyone had at least one other option at the FBS level except maybe the lineman from southern Ohio,

31 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Wasn’t too long ago (even last year) we were signing guys with no other offers. I think his tape looks solid and the staff is off to a really solid start with this HS class. Think everyone had at least one other option at the FBS level except maybe the lineman from southern Ohio,

Β 

No doubt. Will be interesting to see what the improvement to the class is after we win the MAC.Β πŸ˜‰

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Β 

He’s a good one. I’m really surprised about his lack of offers. I can’t speak to the competition level he plays against, but he flaunts a number of positive traits. Fluidly flips his hips, has long arms which helps in breaking up the pass and jamming receivers, solid athlete, reads the flight of the ball well, explosive when coming down hill, enough speed to stay connected with the receivers.
He’s lacking in mass, which will change once he hits our S&C program. Unless he shuts down his recruitment, I’m sure more offers will flow his way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zzx said:

Β 

Steele Wasel interview...

Β 

*WARNING* Loud intro & outro music

Β 

Β 

Β 

I couldn’t make it past the 6 minute mark. The smugness and name dropping of the guy doing the podcast really irked me. Saying Steele had a β€œfun little game” comes across almost as a backhanded compliment. I wanted Steele to ask the guy what team he played for or which quarterbacks he’s coached.Β 
Thanks for posting it though ZZX. Steele will have a chance to accomplish some great things here.

2 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

I couldn’t make it past the 6 minute mark. The smugness and name dropping of the guy doing the podcast really irked me. Saying Steele had a β€œfun little game” comes across almost as a backhanded compliment. I wanted Steele to ask the guy what team he played for or which quarterbacks he’s coached.Β 
Thanks for posting it though ZZX. Steele will have a chance to accomplish some great things here.

Β 

Then you missed the best part of the interview.