Class of '23 Offers & Verbal Commits

Cam has something in common with several other of the Zips 2023 commits which gives me pause. If you look at these kids complete list of "schools of interest" on 247 they identify the P5 school that may cause them to dump the Zips if the P5 makes an offer. In Cam's case that would be West Virginia.  

I updated Kameron Cheatom’s profile. According to Cheatom, Moorehead’s staff re-offered in January. Looks like he took multiple visits to Pittsburgh, but was unable to garner an offer from them.

Cheatom seems to be athletic, possess great size, and should fit into an edge roll. The majority of his highlights are rushing off the edge unabated, so he can certainly do that. 

We are currently ranked #82 according in Rivals team rankings for the 2023 class and Rivals only ranks the top 100 classes.

New individual player ratings will be released in August. We will see how many players receive bumps.

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, bigjim said:

Is this an offer, a commit?  I could not find any details.  

We’re in his top 7 like @94zipgrad mentioned. Ive been on the lookout for players we’ve offered and where we stand in the process. For some of the players it’s not easy to tell if the previous staff was who offered, and if that offer still stands, or if the new staff has re-offered. The current staff does not have to honor the offers that went out by the previous staff.

To add to the lack of clarity is which schools are actually pushing for the player. For instance with Howard just because he has an offer from Louisville and they are in his “top 7”, it doesn’t actually mean they are holding a spot for him. They may have guys higher on their priority list. On the flip side, we may be pushing for him and be one of the leaders. Hard to know without talking to the players or coaches. Just speculation on my part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

We’re in his top 7 like @94zipgrad mentioned. Ive been on the lookout for players we’ve offered and where we stand in the process. For some of the players it’s not easy to tell if the previous staff was who offered, and if that offer still stands, or if the new staff has re-offered. The current staff does not have to honor the offers that went out by the previous staff.

To add to the lack of clarity is which schools are actually pushing for the player. For instance with Howard just because he has an offer from Louisville and they are in his “top 7”, it doesn’t actually mean they are holding a spot for him. They may have guys higher on their priority list. On the flip side, we may be pushing for him and be one of the leaders. Hard to know without talking to the players or coaches. Just speculation on my part.

See our new logo bottom right

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

For us non-twitter folks, who are his top 7?

Besides us…
Western Kentucky

Florida International

Florida Atlantic

Louisville

Indiana

and one other school (probably FCS) who’s logo I don’t recognize (a purple mountain lion, or something).

18 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Semi off topic, but that A really is sharp and growing on me. 

Harlem has a nice offer list, and it should be worth noting that both Marshall and Ohio didn't make his top 7. We're beating out our main competition in the region and we haven't even played a game. 

You just don’t know. Some of his original offers may not be offers anymore.  Ohio and Marshall may already have enough commits at his position and he no longer has theirs offers. So many factors involved that the general public doesn’t know about. 

On 7/3/2022 at 1:44 PM, catdaddyp said:

Massive OT Jatavius Shivers decommitted from Vanderbilt yesterday. He carries an offer from Akron on 2/11/2022, but is expected to commit to South Carolina.

As mentioned before, Shivers committed to South Carolina today. Akron was never in it for Shivers, but the staff is pursuing guys that should be at the Power 5 level.

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bigjim said:

Not impressed based on tapes.  Hoping that:

In Coach JoeMoe we 'trust!!!

Curious to know what you don’t like about him @bigjim? What I see is a safety who’s not afraid to be physical and will come down in the box to hit. He’s only 185lbs now, but should easily get up to 200lbs. I know South Gwinnett has an excellent strength and conditioning program, but many of these kids do not receive the proper nutrition to assist in their physical development. That’ll change when he arrives here.