Class of '23 Offers & Verbal Commits

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, LZIp said:

San Diego State making a late push for Lester Miller.

Saw that, but didn’t think too much of it. If P5 offers start rolling in, I’ll be worried. Although, I know there was some talk earlier in the year about SDSU joining the PAC, but not sure where that stands.

So there are 14 2023 commits and the transfer portal offers are flying out fast and furious. It's always hard to look at the roster and know exactly how many Seniors are coming back but it does seems apparent that this will be another year of major turnover on the roster. I guess it's just the new normal. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MangoZip said:

So there are 14 2023 commits and the transfer portal offers are flying out fast and furious. It's always hard to look at the roster and know exactly how many Seniors are coming back but it does seems apparent that this will be another year of major turnover on the roster. I guess it's just the new normal. 

At least the new normal until we get a good team in place I'd imagine.

12 minutes ago, MangoZip said:

I’m not going to call out any players by name but there are still some on the roster that should probably be playing at a lower level. Keep in mind the roster by the end of 2021 was probably the worst in the FBS, so some changes needed to be made. And still do. It’s a balancing act more than ever with the 85 scholarship limit. For the most part, coaches know which players will be hitting the portal before it’s announced, but there will always be a few surprises.

22 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

I’m not going to call out any players by name but there are still some on the roster that should probably be playing at a lower level. Keep in mind the roster by the end of 2021 was probably the worst in the FBS, so some changes needed to be made. And still do. It’s a balancing act more than ever with the 85 scholarship limit. For the most part, coaches know which players will be hitting the portal before it’s announced, but there will always be a few surprises.

Agree, I'd even venture to say that most that hit the portal are told in a nice way that you aren't going to play here, go see what else is out there. 

Edited by MangoZip

1 hour ago, MangoZip said:

Agree, I'd even venture to say that most that hit the portal are told in a nice way that you aren't going to play here, go see what else is our there. 

+1. It’s just being honest. You’re only young once & the window for playing football is brief, so go somewhere you can play.

2 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

Senior films listed below. The future is bright.

Conner Cravaack Senior Year

Joshua Bowen Senior Year

Jean Louis Senior Year

Zayden Laing-Taylor Senior Year

Adrian Norton Senior Year

Darius Owens Senior Year

Max Tucker Senior Year

Thank you, @catdaddyp.  Post #1 updated.  

"Handled."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

With Deion leaving Jacksonville State I'm sure they can be eliminated from this list

Question is, will JSU be replaced with Colorado or is that not a destination he's interested in? 

JoeMo offered him at Oregon and was his first logged offer according to 247. He was one of JoeMo's first offers at Akron, too. His recruiting has cooled off a bit, so maybe there's a legitimate chance? He only has 9 offers, so a Top 8 is a phenomenal marketing gimmick, but we made it nonetheless. Jacksonville State did not. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94