Class of '23 Offers & Verbal Commits

6 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

Lester Miller and Braylon Burnside are the Mississippi first team all-state WRs.  Could they be a package deal?

https://cdispatch.com/sports/2022-12-06/check-out-2022-mississippi-association-of-coaches-all-state-football-teams/

Possibly, but I doubt it. Simply because Miller is class of 2023, while Burnside is class of 2024. Also, Burnside will field far more P5 offers than Miller by the time his recruitment is finished.

Edited by catdaddyp

On 12/6/2022 at 7:56 PM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

If this guy is class of 2023 and it's this late in the game I seriously doubt that he has 5 offers still open and available to him. It makes a nice graphic but he likely only has Army (maybe) and one other. Most D1 schools have their recruiting classed all closed out by now. I guess we'll see

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Our WR recruit Adrian Norton from Riverside Stebbins (near Dayton?) was named D-2 1st Team All-Ohio... as a QB. 😂

I forget where I read it but one recruiting analyst said he was one of the top (if not the top) all-around athletes in the state this year.

You should probably take that "first team" thing with a grain of salt. He was actually one of FIVE QBs on the "first team."

https://www.ohsaa.org/news-media/articles/division-ii-and-iii-football-all-ohio-teams-announced-16

Edited by Zipmeister
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

His mom quoted Bubba Arslanian on Twitter and basically said that if you haven't seen him play, you're missing out, adding that she's stoked to have Jonas be able to play 1 year with him. Adding good families to the eternal Zips family is always good for the program. Wishing Jonas all the best in his Akron career. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

This kid is going to be good. He reminds me of Pat Mahomes - technique could use some work but overall fluid, athletic, can throw in any arm slot, keeps his eyes down the field, etc.

Agreed! I'm SO excited about the future with Wasel. I'm confident in Irons next season and then he can hopefully turn the keys over to a ready Wasel the season after

2 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

If I recall correctly, Smith has been offered PWO status.

That was my guess. His offer(s) are not true athletic scholarships I don't believe (non-FBS/not even sure they're DI/DII). Quite frankly, would love to have him here as a PWO with a chance at a scholly if he develops. His ability to help the WRs room understand Wasel and his tendancies would be a huge asset. 

4 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Wasel responded to this with a smiley face. 

Is this Jayvin James?

https://247sports.com/player/jayvin-james-46133769/

Haven't watched film yet, but seems a bit light which may have played a part in him being lower recruited compare to what coach Rodriguez has pulled in so far here. OL and DL and probably the toughest to get in the transfer portal, so probably a guy that will sit for a few years and hopefully grows into his frame.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Haven't watched film yet, but seems a bit light which may have played a part in him being lower recruited compare to what coach Rodriguez has pulled in so far here. OL and DL and probably the toughest to get in the transfer portal, so probably a guy that will sit for a few years and hopefully grows into his frame.

Agreed. Height wise, he's on par with what we're seeing is the standard for JoeMo's OLine. However, I do wonder if this guy moves better than some of the guys we've brought in.