Class of '23 Offers & Verbal Commits

14 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

After failing to get it going in the air, Caldwell called upon 6′4″ 290 lb. guard and defensive tackle Delvin Morris, who took the snap in the wildcat and carried three defenders with him into the endzone. The Hornets went back to Morris on the two point conversion, and again it was successful as the Hornets cut the lead to six.

The Fridge 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A list of players that I expect to commit/sign 

Terence Thomas- ATH/WR 5'10, 185. Attended Boardman HS class of 22, signed with Purdue but opened recruitment back up during this pas fall. His twitter is not very active but did post saying he has 4 years of eligibility and a redshirt year.

Amin Mimouni- 6'4, 265 OLB/DE, Independence CC, offered and visited Akron on 1/15. Looks like we are only FBS offer, multiple FCS

Delvin Morris- we have pretty much covered him, all signs pointing towards him coming here. 

Teremun Lott- 6'0, 170, CB, Inlet Grove HS (FL), currently an Illinois commit but has not signed NLI, offered by new coaching staff early last year. Recently offered by Rutgers 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, GoZips4824 said:

A list of players that I expect to commit/sign 

Terence Thomas- ATH/WR 5'10, 185. Attended Boardman HS class of 22, signed with Purdue but opened recruitment back up during this pas fall. His twitter is not very active but did post saying he has 4 years of eligibility and a redshirt year.

Amin Mimouni- 6'4, 265 OLB/DE, Independence CC, offered and visited Akron on 1/15. Looks like we are only FBS offer, multiple FCS

Delvin Morris- we have pretty much covered him, all signs pointing towards him coming here. 

Teremun Lott- 6'0, 170, CB, Inlet Grove HS (FL), currently an Illinois commit but has not signed NLI, offered by new coaching staff early last year. Recently offered by Rutgers 

Thomas and Lott would be steals in my opinion. Mimouni would fill a need and has a high upside. Not sure if Morris would be OL or DL, but he’s certainly athletic.

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 1

Morris just announced his commitment on twitter. Do we think his recruitment was limited by his off the field incident, is he a developmental project, or a little of both? It looks like his only other D1 (FCS) offer was to Incarnate Word. There doesn't seem to be much out there on him in terms of recruiting profile even.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Morris just announced his commitment on twitter. Do we think his recruitment was limited by his off the field incident, is he a developmental project, or a little of both? 

That, plus playing on such a bad HS team probably didn't place him on many team's radar. Texas is a long way to go for such an unheralded recruit. There must be more to the story.

47 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Morris just announced his commitment on twitter. Do we think his recruitment was limited by his off the field incident, is he a developmental project, or a little of both? It looks like his only other D1 (FCS) offer was to Incarnate Word. There doesn't seem to be much out there on him in terms of recruiting profile even.

Probably a little of both. He moves extremely well for someone his size and it’s hard to recruit elite linemen. He fits right in with the size and athleticism of the other OL JRod has recruited. He’s just more raw at this stage.

Regarding Morris I am not worried about character at all, I myself am not too far removed from the dumb decisions a high school kid can make. Was just one of the first things that popped up and figured I would share. Kid is very athletic and hopefully develops into a solid contributor in the near future. 

In following football recruiting for about 30 years Delvin Morris is the first player I've seen list himself as an OL/DL/ATH.  Usually the "ATH's" are kids who can play either DB or WR. 😂

And his hudl highlights mostly show him playing the wildcat position on offense 🤣

He's got tremendous feet for being 6-5, 285. Crazy. 

Edited by Blue & Gold

38 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

In following football recruiting for about 30 years Delvin Morris is the first player I've seen list himself as an OL/DL/ATH.  Usually the "ATH's" are kids who can play either DB or WR. 😂

And his hudl highlights mostly show him playing the wildcat position on offense 🤣

He's got tremendous feet for being 6-5, 285. Crazy. 

Here’s some film of him playing OG. My favorite clips are at the backend starting around the 1:30 mark when he can be seen working in space. 

One thing is for sure, the athleticism along the offensive line has greatly improved since JRod took over.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

that name rings a bell but we’ve got too many names to keep straight. Who’s this guy?

Long time WR commitment who the staff made every attempt to keep in the fold. After his final visit, he posted his “recruitment was 100% open.” Underrated 2 star who may eventually work himself into some minutes at Ole Miss. He would have had an excellent chance at playing time here, but he should do what he deems best for his college career.

17 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

Long time WR commitment who the staff made every attempt to keep in the fold. After his final visit, he posted his “recruitment was 100% open.” Underrated 2 star who may eventually work himself into some minutes at Ole Miss. He would have had an excellent chance at playing time here, but he should do what he deems best for his college career.

Oh, that’s right. Now I remember. Thank you.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

Yeah the Miller situation is a bit puzzling. Picked up an offer to SDSU and decommitted from us not long after. Never committed to SDSU. Recently went on a visit to Central Arkansas, now the walk on offer to Ole Miss. No idea what’s going on with his recruitment.