Class of '23 Offers & Verbal Commits

8 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Duke decommit. Nice offer list.

Yeah, he’s another interesting one. Clearly has the talent to play at a P5. I do wonder which of the other offers still stand. Miss. State, Liberty, and Jackson State had coaching changes. Duke is probably off the table. Who knows what Vanderbilt, MTSU, and Campbell’s boards look like at this point. I’d have to think we are in a great position to land him.

49 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

Yeah, he’s another interesting one. Clearly has the talent to play at a P5. I do wonder which of the other offers still stand. Miss. State, Liberty, and Jackson State had coaching changes. Duke is probably off the table. Who knows what Vanderbilt, MTSU, and Campbell’s boards look like at this point. I’d have to think we are in a great position to land him.

Agreed, and if you consider who the Liberty, Miss State, & Jackson State offers were initially from (RIP Coach Leach), there's an obvious talent with this kid. 

Side note - what an absolutely 💩 situation for Paul. 3 of your best offers have coaching changes because 2 were hired elsewhere and a third passed away. No idea what happened with Duke.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, catdaddyp said:

I’ll give it to this coaching staff, they are scouring every level of football to find some linemen. Hobart is D3 in football.

Indeed. I’d assume this is a scholarship player too considering they are a current college player with 1 yr of eligibility left, but have no idea.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

ZipsNation didn't respond favorably when the previous staff recruited D3 talent.

Understandably so. Not easy to get excited about a D3 prospect and no staff will have a 100% hit rate. However, if the player has the ability to succeed here, I’m all for it. OL is one of the hardest positions to recruit (especially in the portal). I’d be concerned if we were taking a bunch of D2 and D3 guys, but that isn’t the case.