Class of '23 Offers & Verbal Commits

46 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

Can you please write the names of the commits? I still can't see anything that's uploaded, so frustrating.

Certainly not as much fun as seeing the tweets, but if you keep an eye on Post #1 of this thread I'm keeping it updated with which of our Verbal Commitments have signed their LOI's today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blue & Gold said:

Certainly not as much fun as seeing the tweets, but if you keep an eye on Post #1 of this thread I'm keeping it updated with which of our Verbal Commitments have signed their LOI's today.

Thanks! I've done everything possible to fix this and I'm on a PC. No idea what's going on, but it's very annoying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blueandgold said:

So, did Lorenzo Lingard just come out of nowhere? He has to be the highest rated player we've ever singed. Now we just need to actually open holes for him to run through or maybe he can create on his own!

He was a late offer. We offered him only 3 days ago, so yeah, somewhat out of nowhere. I don't know if we have a coach who has a previous connection with him, but we sniped him. His transfer rating is around ~86 for what it's worth, but he's definitely the highest rated high school prospect we've ever had on roster. 

3 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

So, did Lorenzo Lingard just come out of nowhere? He has to be the highest rated player we've ever singed. Now we just need to actually open holes for him to run through or maybe he can create on his own!

We knew about a Zips offer a few days ago, but his commitment was new this morning.  I don't think he's signed his LOI yet, but the fact he announced his commitment this a.m. is great. He's almost certainly going to sign.

The Lingard situation is interesting. It didn’t seem like the Zips were really targeting RB, and all of a sudden they’ve gotten a commitment from him. He had one other offer I think on his Twitter. He seems like a Warren Ball type guy. Rated a bit higher of course. The potential is there, and P5s don’t seem to want to take a flyer on him for a year, and I can’t blame them as he’s been a bust. But a place like Akron is perfect for him, if he works out of course. 

33 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

The Lingard situation is interesting. It didn’t seem like the Zips were really targeting RB, and all of a sudden they’ve gotten a commitment from him. He had one other offer I think on his Twitter. He seems like a Warren Ball type guy. Rated a bit higher of course. The potential is there, and P5s don’t seem to want to take a flyer on him for a year, and I can’t blame them as he’s been a bust. But a place like Akron is perfect for him, if he works out of course. 

Ball unfortunately had The Betty White Bone Density Syndrome. Lingard was injured early in his college career, but seems to be healthy towards the end. He just got stuck behind a couple great Florida backs. Hope he has a fairy tale ending at UA. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

thank you, thank you, thank you.  What a fantastic job keeping this list updated.  If he signed, could you add a signed in front of Lorenzo on Post 1?  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Ball unfortunately had The Betty White Bone Density Syndrome. Lingard was injured early in his college career, but seems to be healthy towards the end. He just got stuck behind a couple great Florida backs. Hope he has a fairy tale ending at UA. 

I hope your assessment is correct. However, I think he still deserves to be on the Ryan Bain watch list for next season.

• Thanks 1