Class of '23 Offers & Verbal Commits

46 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

A 3* attracts offers only from the Zips and a single D2 team. Despite the most likely reason, I'm hopeful things work out.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2023/adrian-norton-276321  Toledo also offered. I did a little digging and got his Rivals profile updated. Sounds like he was a late bloomer. His film is impressive and he also camped at Akron, so our coaches were able to see him in person. 

I’m with you in the hope he works out. Seems to have what it takes physically, but so do most that are recruited to the D1 level.

1 hour ago, catdaddyp said:

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2023/adrian-norton-276321  Toledo also offered. I did a little digging and got his Rivals profile updated. Sounds like he was a late bloomer. His film is impressive and he also camped at Akron, so our coaches were able to see him in person. 

I’m with you in the hope he works out. Seems to have what it takes physically, but so do most that are recruited to the D1 level.

OK, I'll buy the late bloomer possibility. The Toledo offer was not on 247; I feel a little better now. Watched his tape and noticed that he excels at catching underthrown passes. Looks pretty quick.

Fairly recent offer to Troy OL transfer Toryque Bateman. 

Other offers from:

Grambling State

Bethune-Cookman

Delaware State

Mississippi Valley State

Florida A&M

West Virginia State

Eastern Illinois

Morgan State

Tennessee State

Townson

Alabana A&M

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 8:39 AM, catdaddyp said:

Looking at the competition from the offer lists, I would think that Coach JoeMo could get several commitments from the posted list.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Looking at the competition from the offer lists, I would think that Coach JoeMo could get several commitments from the posted list.  

Agreed. I thought Maddox might commit on his OV this past weekend, but that didn’t happen - at least not publicly. JoeMo also offered Maddox’s little brother who I believe is a rising high school freshman.

19 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Darold is apparently announcing on Monday. He has a nice offer list from earlier in his recruiting. 

Roosevelt Andrews is local - Barbertucky. Nice offer list. 

Darold would be a fantastic commit.  A commit from Roosevelt would show that JoeMo is dominating the MAC recruiting.  

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 11:36 AM, bigjim said:

Darold would be a fantastic commit.  A commit from Roosevelt would show that JoeMo is dominating the MAC recruiting.  

Have you looked at how other MAC teams are doing at recruiting?  I'm hoping coachJoe hits the portal hard again this year to help close the gap between the Zips and most of the rest of the MAC.

On 7/2/2022 at 11:36 AM, bigjim said:

Agreed. Roosevelt is the type of recruit we need to be able to keep home.

18 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Drawing lots of interest from FCS schools.

He also has an offer from Temple, but I don’t know how much we should read into that. I don’t know anything about Temple outside of the hiring of a new coaching staff this past offseason. Maybe they feel the kid fits whatever scheme they’ll be running?

I think our staff has done a really nice job of identifying and balancing our needs through the portal and prep route.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...