Game 2- Ohio State

clarkwgriswold

35 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

So pumped for this game, it's like Christmas Day! I don't know much about Ohio State, but I do know that they are the most skilled team on the schedule this year, including WVU. I'm not thinking Akron is going to win, but this is a big opportunity to prove themselves in the national picture early.

This is as stacked a roster that Akron has had maybe ever, they have 8-9 guys that could start anywhere in the MAC. With that said, I am very concerned about where the leadership comes from. There isn't really a signature guy that has worked his way up in the program from green freshman to leading the team. I think that's where a lot of problems we see early on are going to come from, hopefully to be corrected and figured out soon. Also, I don't know who the go-to guy is. Who do we trust to take the last shot down by 1 under 10 seconds to go? Those are my two biggest concerns. I'm iffy on overall perimeter shooting, but I think it will be more spread out this year once the team develops chemistry.

In Groce we trust. Go Zips!

+1. I'm excited for the game tonight, but just looking to keep it close & competitive.  This team is going to need some time to develop chemistry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

My predicted lineup -v- OSUcks:

X..................Clarke

Trimble........Tribble

KJ Walton....Dawson

Ali Ali...........Wynn (DNP -v- WVU)

Freeman......Bandaogo

I think that's pretty solid.  If Groce is concerned with OSU's size, I could see him go a lineup with both Freeman and Bandaogo as we saw late against WV.

This is going to be a different team than we're used to without so many shooters.

Beyond excited for college basketball to return, it will be nice watching all 30 or so games from the comfort of my new Lazy Boy recliner. As much as I'd love to go to the JAR and sit on hard & uncomfortable plastic while wearing a facemask (despite being double vaxx'd & the booster), I'll opt for the in-home option. 

I would receive a tremendous amount of joy if Akron beat the bucknuts so GO ZIPS!

Side note, is this game on regular TV? 

31 minutes ago, AkronAlumnus said:

Beyond excited for college basketball to return, it will be nice watching all 30 or so games from the comfort of my new Lazy Boy recliner. As much as I'd love to go to the JAR and sit on hard & uncomfortable plastic while wearing a facemask (despite being double vaxx'd & the booster), I'll opt for the in-home option. 

I would receive a tremendous amount of joy if Akron beat the bucknuts so GO ZIPS!

Side note, is this game on regular TV? 

ESPN2

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Has there ever been an occasion where both the Akron football and basketball teams were on national television simultaneously?  Can't recall that.

I guess it depends on the definition of national television.   Between the Zips often playing basketball on Tuesday nights and the MAC has gone to Tuesday night football and overlapping Saturdays, I suspect there have been some instances where the teams were on lesser platforms like EPSN3, etc.   

Edited by clarkwgriswold