MAC Men's Basketball 2021-2022

LoyalZIP

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

ALL EYES TURN TO GROCE.  after the abysmal soccer and football seasons, Groce is all we have left.download.jpg

When do we get the pitchforks out on Embick? Top 5 paid coach in the country. The results the past 3 seasons aren’t acceptable.

2 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

He's a top 5 paid coach?  Geez.  Yeah, not acceptable.  A couple down years and the other MAC schools pounced.

I can’t find the article based on a quick search, but I’m fairly certain it was as high as top 3 when he signed the extension a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I can’t find the article based on a quick search, but I’m fairly certain it was as high as top 3 when he signed the extension a few years ago.

Hopefully, Arth's firing informs all of the coaches that they better produce.  Melissa Jackson, another "nice" person, was handed the job by Williams, who probably had ZERO interest in women's basketball, and she's accomplished zilch.  

25 minutes ago, LZIp said:

How much? How much leeway did Orgeron get after his national championship?

5+ years of true mediocrity would start to warm the seat. They've been in and out of the top 10/25 all season, and have wins over multiple top teams. 

The only Top 10 Akron Football finishes in is the ESPN Bottom Ten. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 8:01 PM, LZIp said:

When do we get the pitchforks out on Embick? Top 5 paid coach in the country. The results the past 3 seasons aren’t acceptable.

The results aren't acceptable for sure, but Jared is not the problem. He is capable and will make any changes that are necessary. Before anyone is foolish enough to talk about getting the pitchforks out realize that Jared was asked to run a top 5 program while losing a fulltime operations director, a volunteer coach, a grad assistant, and having his recruiting, travel, operations, and equipment budgets significantly cut. Judge him when he has the tools he needs to succeed.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 72 Roo said:

The results aren't acceptable for sure, but Jared is not the problem. He is capable and will make any changes that are necessary. Before anyone is foolish enough to talk about getting the pitchforks out realize that Jared was asked to run a top 5 program while losing a fulltime operations director, a volunteer coach, a grad assistant, and having his recruiting, travel, operations, and equipment budgets significantly cut. Judge him when he has the tools he needs to succeed.  

Didn't all programs take cuts? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🤮🙄. Animal Husbandry Center.

The Golden Flashes have won their last 15 home openers dating back to the 2005-06 season. They will look to extend that streak to 16 straight when the Yeomen come to town.  

Rob Senderoff's Golden Flashes have dominated at the MACC, creating one of the best home court advantages in the Mid-American Conference. Over the past 10 seasons, the Flashes hold a 118-41 (.742) record at home. Kent State hasn't lost more than four home games in a single season since 2016-17, and the team has a 50-13 record at home during that time. 

25 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

That D2 school wasn't even a good D2 school. They were projected to finish 10th out of 11 teams in the GLIAC preseason poll...

I hate to say it but their basketball program is beginning to resemble our football program.  they kept the guy who was an 8 year assistant under Hawkins.  Got him on the cheap.

5 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I hate to say it but their basketball program is beginning to resemble our football program.  they kept the guy who was an 8 year assistant under Hawkins.  Got him on the cheap.

I'd say it's in a worse spot. Out football program is obviously bad, but even in our worst years we wouldn't lose to Walsh University. That's pretty much what WMU just did in basketball.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1