MAC Men's Basketball 2021-2022

LoyalZIP

BG told to travel to Buffalo tonight.  NIU hasn't played a game in the MAC.

(BTW it's a good game on ESPN3.  Both looking for first MAC win)

The UB men’s schedule has also been rearranged. The Bulls had their scheduled game Saturday against Bowling Green moved to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Alumni Arena.

In a 91-81 loss to Miami (Ohio) on Wednesday at Alumni Arena, the Bulls committed 17 turnovers, and the RedHawks scored 18 points off the Bulls’ miscues.

Then, when UB’s game at Akron was moved from Feb. 1 to Saturday, the Bulls were without forwards Josh Mballa and Tra’Von Fagan due to Covid019 protocols in a 88-76 loss. Their absences came three days after a 91-81 loss to Miami (Ohio) at Alumni Arena. Miami's program subsequently was paused due to Covid-19 issues.

Edited by NWAkron

13 hours ago, TheZipCat said:

This is wrong on so many levels. Makes sense, though, given the funding connections between Big Pharma and Universities. 

Has the CDC included college basketball in its COVID mortality statistics yet? It has been all but dead and extremely hard to enjoy since March 2020.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Thumbs down 1

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

This is wrong on so many levels. Makes sense, though, given the funding connections between Big Pharma and Universities. 

Has the CDC included college basketball in its COVID mortality statistics yet? It has been all but dead and extremely hard to enjoy since March 2020.

You and I have a different definition of "wrong". What you call "wrong" I call "common sense". Incase you haven't heard we're in the middle of a surge that is cancelling games. It's literally a program insulating itself from further disruption. It's a slam dunk no brainer; just from a program standpoint, let alone public health standpoint. 

Sorry your personal enjoyment is more important than public health. Good lord man, you're an Akron Alumni, please be better and more reasonable than this.

Edited by TheZipCat
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

Bobcats take down the Flushes tonight. Game was kind of similar to Tuesday, Bobcats gave up a big first half lead and it was pretty close down the stretch. Another big game for Sears and Sincere Carry had a nice game for Duque…I mean Kent. 

Guards' league. PCCC doesn't scare me as much as OU because I don't think they have the compliment to Carry like OU does with BVP/Carter (complimenting Sears).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

It's not ire (anger) and it's not directed at anyone in particular.  I'm addressing the ongoing debate.  

Yes it is ire, specifically directed at a "debate"... a "debate" that only occured after the political statement of specific individuals. Hence, you should probably direct your attention to them and not those who respond to knock it down.

38 minutes ago, TheZipCat said:

Yes it is ire, specifically directed at a "debate"... a "debate" that only occured after the political statement of specific individuals. Hence, you should probably direct your attention to them and not those who respond to knock it down.

"Ire" is simply defined as anger.  I was not angry.  I am tired, sick and damn tired of this debate taking over forums.  You'll note that this is apparently a popular view given the likes for the post. 

Apparently, you've taken it as a personal attack as you see the post as directed at you.  That wasn't the intent as I actually agree with your position.  I fear now that this "debate" has now become the second most frustrating series for this thread.

To get things back on track, this weekend's MAC results:

OU- 80, PCCC- 72 

BG- 87 MIami 83

Ball State- 78, EMU- 82

Toledo- 94, NIU- 63

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

To get things back on track, this weekend's MAC results:

OU- 80, PCCC- 72 

BG- 87 MIami 83

Ball State- 78, EMU- 82

Toledo- 94, NIU- 63

I watched parts of all 4 of these games.  Even though, the MAC is all one division now the former teams of the East are much, much better than the West (minus Toledo), especially now that Miami is improving.

BG and Miami went to OT and was a quality game.  For awhile, Miami was red hot from 3, but they cooled off and BG's Plowden was solid down the stretch.  BG escaped going 0-3 in the MAC.  Zips can't take either of these teams for granted (not that they ever do).

Ball State v EMU:  Akron, at full strength, better than both of these teams.  Credit to Stan Heath in cleaning up all the bad habits the Hurons learned under Rob Murphy.  Spottsville ( of "Spottsville missed them both" fame) still playing for EMU.  The game went back and forth but EMU couldnt hold it together.

NIU v Toledo:  Toledo AMAZINGLY like last year hasn't had a game postponed.  Hmmm.   NIU beat the Washington Huskies the first game out but are clearly in a re-build.  

19 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Spottsville ( of "Spottsville missed them both" fame)

Absolutely love this!

The MAC will be tough just about every game this year, especially with any roster uncertainty that pops up. While the Zips may win a blowout here and there against the NIU’s and WMU’s of the world, I don’t expect them like I used to. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Go Zips!

3 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

Absolutely love this!

The MAC will be tough just about every game this year, especially with any roster uncertainty that pops up. While the Zips may win a blowout here and there against the NIU’s and WMU’s of the world, I don’t expect them like I used to. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Go Zips!

You must know what I'm talking about regarding Spottsville.

I think you can remove all of the directionals and Ball State from any chance of being there at the end.  Right now, OU and Toledo are at the top of the MAC, with PCCC, Akron, Buffalo a little behind, and BG and Miami not that far back.  Any of those seven could beat the other on any given night and it wouldn't be an upset.   I think Buffalo will eventually come around and be a factor in the standings, seedings and tournament.  If I had to seed them today:

1.  OU

2. Toledo

3. PCCC

4. Akron

5. Canada

6.  BG

7.  Miami

8. Ball State

9.   EMU

10.  NIU

11.  WMU

12. CMU

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I think you can remove all of the directionals and Ball State from any chance of being there at the end.  Right now, OU and Toledo are at the top of the MAC, with PCCC, Akron, Buffalo a little behind, and BG and Miami not that far back.  Any of those seven could beat the other on any given night and it wouldn't be an upset.   I think Buffalo will eventually come around and be a factor in the standings, seedings and tournament.  If I had to seed them today:

1.  OU

2. Toledo

3. PCCC

4. Akron

5. Canada

6.  BG

7.  Miami

8. Ball State

9.   EMU

10.  NIU

11.  WMU

12. CMU

And a reminder as we stress about these missed game, last year Toledo played 19 and Ohio played 14 and we know how that worked out:

1Toledo15–4

2Buffalo12–5

3Akron12–6

4Kent State12–6

5Ohio9–5

6Bowling Green10–8

7Miami (OH)9–8

8Ball State8–9

and the directional schools weren't even close to being included.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...