MAC Men's Basketball 2021-2022

LoyalZIP

5 hours ago, MDZip said:

Ran a bunch of scenarios and don't see a single one where the Zips are any higher than the fourth seed. Can't holds the direct tie breaker on us, OU beat Can't once so they hold a tiebreaker there and since Buffalo can't finish tied with us with an uneven number of games the best we can do is fourth and worst is fifth. We are locked into the 4/5 game. 

Personally I'd rather face Can't then Buffalo. 

For that to happen, Buffalo needs to beat Toledo and Can't. If they drop either of those matchups we face them in the first round. 

31 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Does anyone know how the tiebreakers work when one of the tied teams has played fewer conference games?  

Meaning us and Buffalo if Buffalo finishes at 14-5 in conference and us at 14-6? They would be the higher seed because of winning percentage. 

39 minutes ago, bUAkronG said:

Meaning us and Buffalo if Buffalo finishes at 14-5 in conference and us at 14-6? They would be the higher seed because of winning percentage. 

Yes, i was thinking more of Central and Eastern Michigan.  They could both finish season winning the same # of conference games but Central would get the nod because 6-12 is a better % than 6-14, even though Eastern beat Central twice.  Doesn't seem fair, but life isn't fair

Edited by NWAkron

A little off topic but yesterday was a bad day for the house or the book keepers.

The AP 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 9th teams all lost. In the top 10 teams only Duke at 7 and Baylor at 10 (who knocked off KU at 5) won and Villanova sitting at 8 didn't play but is still salting the loss of there last game, a loss to UConn. 

I guess not just the MAC where any team can win any night out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

It's almost like less people have covid now than they did this winter. Anyway, not like it was actually enforced 

Some people just like to look for things to complain about. I only made it to a couple games this year. I had to wear a mask all of maybe 2 minutes each game I attended. Not really worth complaining about

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Would ya look at that? The science changed.

cmt look at it GIF by The Ed Bassmaster Show

Glad freedom of choice is reinstated. Hopefully the JAR has a good turnout on Friday. 

"The political science changed." There, fixed it for ya.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1