MAC Men's Basketball 2021-2022

LoyalZIP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, AkronAlumnus said:

V surprised Ryan Rollins got drafted esp to GSW. If he turns into a rotational player that would be good for him and good for the MAC - that's just how things go that late in the draft

Great for the conference to see players from the conference taken in back to back years. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AkronAlumnus said:

V surprised Ryan Rollins got drafted esp to GSW. If he turns into a rotational player that would be good for him and good for the MAC - that's just how things go that late in the draft

Not surprised.  He's been on scouts' radar for a while.

https://premiumhoops.org/2021/08/19/put-ryan-rollins-on-your-radar/

• 2 months later...
I feel like weapons charges happen a lot with athletes and it usually doesn't amount to anything serious legally (Kevin Porter, Gilbert Arenas, etc). The claim is that he was driving a borrowed car from a friend. Definitely seems like there are character issues at play here and will probably lead to a suspension at least.

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On a bored, slow Friday at work, I decided to take a stroll over to bobcatattack.com just to see what the wannabe blOSU Southeast Campus folks were saying about their athletics. You're not going to hear me say this often, but credit to the Carole Baskin Kitty Krew for putting together quite the MAC Basketball Transfer tracker. 

Feel free to check out the full thread here.

A synopsis...

- 4 inter-conference transfers

- 3 arrivals to the MAC via Duquesne (1 departure to Duquesne)

- 8 P6 transfers into the MAC (does not include Emoni Bates; 4 departures to P6 schools, including Josh M'Balla to Ole Miss)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 1:32 PM, akzipper said:
I feel like weapons charges happen a lot with athletes and it usually doesn't amount to anything serious legally (Kevin Porter, Gilbert Arenas, etc). The claim is that he was driving a borrowed car from a friend. Definitely seems like there are character issues at play here and will probably lead to a suspension at least.

Called it.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34789530/felony-charges-former-top-recruit-emoni-bates-dismissed

Hopefully this is a wake up call for him, but I'm sure Eastern will just pretend like nothing happened and he'll play the whole season. I mean Alex Abreu faced bigger consequences for selling weed. He was suspended indefinitely from the Zips and never returned. Gun charges are way more serious. Especially since he's probably involved in some shady crap if he's carrying an unregistered firearm. 

Edited by akzipper

1 hour ago, akzipper said:

Called it.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34789530/felony-charges-former-top-recruit-emoni-bates-dismissed

Hopefully this is a wake up call for him, but I'm sure Eastern will just pretend like nothing happened and he'll play the whole season. I mean Alex Abreu faced bigger consequences for selling weed. He was suspended indefinitely from the Zips and never returned. Gun charges are way more serious. Especially since he's probably involved in some shady crap if he's carrying an unregistered firearm. 

Maybe we should have handled Teon Dollard like that..