MAC Men's Basketball 2021-2022

LoyalZIP

2 hours ago, akzipper said:

Called it.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34789530/felony-charges-former-top-recruit-emoni-bates-dismissed

Hopefully this is a wake up call for him, but I'm sure Eastern will just pretend like nothing happened and he'll play the whole season. I mean Alex Abreu faced bigger consequences for selling weed. He was suspended indefinitely from the Zips and never returned. Gun charges are way more serious. Especially since he's probably involved in some shady crap if he's carrying an unregistered firearm. 

* EMU's 12 fans exhale collectively *

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, akzipper said:

Called it.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34789530/felony-charges-former-top-recruit-emoni-bates-dismissed

Hopefully this is a wake up call for him, but I'm sure Eastern will just pretend like nothing happened and he'll play the whole season. I mean Alex Abreu faced bigger consequences for selling weed. He was suspended indefinitely from the Zips and never returned. Gun charges are way more serious. Especially since he's probably involved in some shady crap if he's carrying an unregistered firearm. 

He also had an arguable defense and pled to a misdemeanor unlike Abreu who willingly accepted 5 pounds of weed then hid it in his oven and had to eat a third degree felony.

17 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

He also had an arguable defense and pled to a misdemeanor unlike Abreu who willingly accepted 5 pounds of weed then hid it in his oven and had to eat a third degree felony.

I guess it boils down to how this country handles guns vs how they handle weed. Obtaining a gun legally is one of the easiest processes and the fact that he was in possession of an unregistered gun, shows there's more at play here. I'd say blaming it on someone else is just an easy way to get out of it. I'd assume that the "friend" that had the gun isn't a Division 1 athlete.

• Like 1